miniDSP DAC & I2S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, new user here :)

I've been looking into building a pre-amp around the miniDSP 2x8 and basically I'm not sure about the quality of the internal DAC. In my current setup I use a DacMagic to feed my pre-amp. I've been googling over and over again and can't seem to find an answer, so now I figured I'd try and ask here :D

Does anyone know how the internal DAC of the miniDSP 2x8 compares to a Cambridge DacMagic? If the internal DAC is inferior to the DacMagic, how big of a hassle would it be to extract the I2S of the miniDSP and feed it to the DacMagic?

I know. I figured I'd get the 2x8 and use the Wolfson DAC's from the DacMagic for my fronts and the internal DAC for my subwoofer.

It's also easy to extract the I2S, the hard part (for me at least) is figuring out how to feed the DM an I2S signal :) But of course, this would be wasted time and money if the internal DAC compares to the Wolfson DAC's. If anyone have listened to both I would be very interested to hear their opinion :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.