XMOS DSD 384 kHz / 32bit USB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Newbie question : I have an issue with an XMOS board since I rearranged its setup.
Basically, Foobar (nor JRiver) can't see the unit, because of a driver problem. Uninstalling Foobar and the XMOS driver was unsuccesful.
Still, the USB green led is lit.
Any idea how to make it work again?

Just tried on an old XP laptop, with USB cable plugged in, and got the following message:
"Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it."
Obviously, the issue is hardware...

I2SoverUSB boards quiet clicks

I got board I2SoverUSB boards it works, but there is one unpleasant moment, quiet clicks during playback, especially audible on Hi-res.
I use the card as a USB-to-s/pdif converter .
Checked on different versions of Windows and different computers.
What can you advise?

Last edited:
Second day with the rev.III and after some hours of burn in I can say that this new USB board is clearly superior respect to the old one. Music flow is more natural, better focusing, better timbric refinement too, stage larger, deeper and more precise. It's not a night/day difference but in a good rig the difference is really important. I'm using this new board with his adjunctive oscillators board (Crystek) in a two PC system HQplayer based (server + NAA) with a custom BB 1704 DAC. . All is feeded by LPS Belleson based (PC and DAC)Obviously this system can treat only PCM file but now I would to try again my previous idea of DSD direct with only a second order passive filter and an output buffer 2Sk170 Based, leaved for toomany HF noise . In my humble opinion this new board is really effective and it worth to try. Great job!

I cant't perform any measurement, because I'm interested to listen to the music more than technical problems so the only opinion about Crystek oscillators compared with NDK, assembled on the regular USB board, is a comparative listening test. I own three oscillator board with 6 Crystek on board, but each one is better than the regular NDK oscillator at every listening test done. Maybe I was very lucky but it seems to me that Crystek oscillators are good items, no so failing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.