Cheapest top dac? - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 05:34 AM   #41
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
ok thanks for your answer, you convinced me and I will order some 6DJ8 tubes for experiments, this might be fun;
so my last question would be (although you may repeat yourself), but I just want to be sure - that means in your current layout, NO I/V resistor from the (-) phase goes to ground and there is only one single 120 ohm resistor from the (+) phase that goes to GND? this means that the (-) phase is tied up directly to the GRID of the valve without any I/V resistor?

thanks in advance

p.s. I followed the link in your signature and your projects look awesome, very clean work and nice external enclosure designs
__________________
== There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in ==
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:04 AM   #42
McGyver is offline McGyver  Poland
diyAudio Member
 
McGyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Poland
No, each signal phase is loaded by I/V resistor to ground.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:18 AM   #43
Mihkus is offline Mihkus  Estonia
diyAudio Member
 
Mihkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Lampizator - High End Lampizator Kit ver 3.0

I still have it and it sounds wonderful and i use CS4398 dac.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:22 AM   #44
McGyver is offline McGyver  Poland
diyAudio Member
 
McGyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Poland
Where is a schematics for this lampizator kit?
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 01:53 PM   #45
Starre is offline Starre  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stockholm
I feel dubious about getting that kit, no way I can hear it before buying .
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 05:25 PM   #46
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
the schematics must have been here at the end but maybe intentionally left empty

http://www.lampizator.eu/shop/Manual...al%206N16P.pdf

but if he says that is the same kit like v2 with some upgrades only in the power supply part that means it has to be the same like at the end of this other pdf

http://www.lampizator.eu/shop/Manual...ual%20V2,0.pdf

but if you say that this multi purpose SRPP sounds worse than a cathode follower then I take your word for it;
but I found some very cheap NOS miniature tubes 6N16P (10 pieces for 15$)in my country that I will also try in this SRPP config and I will compare the sound - this is the fun in all these DIY projects hehe


edit:
anyway, I see that lampizator's scheme posted at the end of v2 pdf document differs somehow from the first one posted by me at post No.#39 in this thread, .... he takes the OUT signal from the GRID of the second half of the triode ??
__________________
== There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in ==

Last edited by luxury54; 2nd May 2013 at 05:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 05:50 PM   #47
McGyver is offline McGyver  Poland
diyAudio Member
 
McGyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Poland
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxury54 View Post
the schematics must have been here at the end but maybe intentionally left empty

http://www.lampizator.eu/shop/Manual...al%206N16P.pdf

but if he says that is the same kit like v2 with some upgrades only in the power supply part that means it has to be the same like at the end of this other pdf

http://www.lampizator.eu/shop/Manual...ual%20V2,0.pdf

but if you say that this multi purpose SRPP sounds worse than a cathode follower then I take your word for it;
I say SRPP sounds worse than common cathode tied to cathode follower in my system.
Quote:
but I found some very cheap NOS miniature tubes 6N16P (10 pieces for 15$)in my country that I will also try in this SRPP config and I will compare the sound - this is the fun in all these DIY projects hehe
Yes, you can also use 6N16B to build common cathode tied to cathode follower.
Quote:


edit:
anyway, I see that lampizator's scheme posted at the end of v2 pdf document differs somehow from the first one posted by me at post No.#39 in this thread, .... he takes the OUT signal from the GRID of the second half of the triode ??
It's SRPP, but there's a mistake in drawing or mistake in project. One may take the OUT signal from grid and it works, but output resistance of such circuit is very huge and it can drive in practice only grid of other tube.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 04:21 AM   #48
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGyver View Post
Yes, you can also use 6N16B to build common cathode tied to cathode follower.
do you have an idea what component values might be changed in case of using this 6N16P in your schematic as cathode follower configuration instead of SRPP?
__________________
== There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in ==
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 04:39 AM   #49
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West USA
Talking ready to go dac

try a denon dvd-5000/9000 for little money. I have bought both for less than $100 and would challenge anyone to get better for less. Both had reading problems, but not the lazer, and the unit is well built and cannot be bettered for the money. This is only good info if you are interested in good value.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 10:53 AM   #50
Starre is offline Starre  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stockholm
Anybody with experience from Meitner MA-1 dac? Seems interesting, can do DSD, dac only.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
top end Twisted Pair dac Rafal Twisted Pear 3 31st August 2010 06:29 AM
Cheapest USB DAC kit? Spasticteapot Digital Source 0 16th November 2006 05:56 AM
Top-notch DAC. Hajime Digital Source 86 30th June 2004 09:07 AM
Top Notch Dac Kit ad010685 Digital Source 2 29th June 2003 11:56 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:28 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2