My new SkeletonDAC - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2013, 12:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default My new SkeletonDAC

Hi there diyaudio!

I'm new here, however I've been lurking for the better part of a year, but only now upon building my first dac (I have several cmoys and miscelaneous other projects at this points, but this is my most complex one yet.) am I going to make my first post.

I just completed this today, its a stock SkeletonDAC from beezar. It's hooked up to my modified cmoy for now, but eventually it'll take up residence in the battery area of my o2 when It's complete (or possibly I'll put a grub or similar in there, I haven't 100% decided yet!

Anyway, heres the cool part, I've got some pictures. This is my first ever attempt at SMD of any type, so I think it came out well. Enjoy (sadly I don't have a dslr anymore, hope you like (albeit ok) camera phone pics

I also noticed, after taking all the photos, that it was missing the LED. I attached a nice bright red one to it, looks evvillll

I can't figure out how to add img tags to uploaded files, perhaps someone could tell. me? Anyway, heres an imgur album of them too SkeletonDAC - Imgur

Peace
chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cTTbf2s.jpg (663.3 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg 5RmjJK8h.jpg (243.0 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg txfZT1bh.jpg (184.0 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg 3A3flwkh.jpg (186.3 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 5bXm8PXh.jpg (182.1 KB, 156 views)
Old 30th March 2013, 09:42 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Nicely soldered. It came out very well!
Old 30th March 2013, 11:26 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks supersurfer. It was more challenging than through hole, but having braid makes small mistakes no biggie. I really enjoyed the challange of making a nice fillet solder joint on a tiny rectangular part. It's great when ya do though

You can see how my soldering goes from, ahhhh, average, on the front of the board, the second half I did (the back) you can see everything's a little tighter, straighter and less solder. Does anyone know any suppliers in NZ or Aus that sell .5mm solder for decent prices and quality local?

peace
Old 1st April 2013, 12:52 AM   #4
tomb01 is offline tomb01  United States
diyAudio Member

Nice job and glad you enjoyed the kit!

Hide this!Advertise here!