Galaxy Note 2 - audio stage mods, discussions, improvements ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks for your explanations.
I think the theory of ferrite beads and how an pi filter works is enough familiar to the most of the members here... And the fact too, that the ferrite bead are quoted for different frequencies with theirs different equivalent resistances/impedances for both DC and HF.

I still appreciate that using of filtering caps on the audio output of the DAC chip is not very fortunate for the quality of the outputted audio signal. I have experienced that capacities of hundreds of pF on output of devices it is altering the audio signal quality. It may be better ways to do this even though the particular case of an important RFI environment... At last I`m not very sure now if that (in this case) component is a ferrite bead. It seems to be, but it may well be a cap (caps network). I will find out soon...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.