IV converter opamp based with gain crossover and tpa6120

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made an IV converter based on opamps with active filter and tpa6120 headphone amplifier

using 2 op-amps prefer bifet for current to voltage with SMD decoupling cap at the input -very usefull - improves sound a lot and eliminates pop up switching noise of course acts as a HPF + some other tweaks

XLR output and preamp set at gain 4.7 with LPF 24khz resonating at 24khz
and of course the tpa6120 with 1300v/us slew rate and 123db SNR
have some pcbs on ebay

This pcb supposed to be the highest quality IV converter around with High SNR and Dynamic range,providing cleaner sound than any discrete

PCB DIY I V Conversion Headphone Pre Amplifier TPA6120 XLR Single Endend DAC | eBay

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Super Iv_mod.jpg
    Super Iv_mod.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 168
  • LPF q2 Gain4.7-13db.jpg
    LPF q2 Gain4.7-13db.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 161
  • tpa6120_headamp_sch.png
    tpa6120_headamp_sch.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
why is the heatsink pad for the headphone amp missing? with the basic datasheet series output protection resistors to supply a minimum load, it will not be very linear with low impedance headphones.

youve made some very big promises there... I dont see much of anything different to any other voltage feedback instrumentation amp/IV/Filter with basic power supply and a headphone amp circuit pulled straight from the application note (except for the missing powerpad)

perhaps you did not mean it to sound like that, but I have a discrete IV stage on one of my dacs (I use opamps on another) that produces -113dB THD+N not my design. this probably isnt the highest performance discrete IV stage available either. I think either technique done well is capable of producing results so close as to be meaningless.

Last edited:
i dont think that there are many capable people that can make a discrete iv with high SNR,many thinks will be involved@ on a bigger scale...just my personal opinion
....i can say for sure that its sounds better than some other dac's ivs and preamplifiers sold around as Hifi ,ive tested it and liked the sound of it so i offer it to you to try and to replace your current configuration
Try Alumina or Ceramic glue from Arctic silver and a "U" bended copper coin ,has very high rating >5w/mk

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.