Any good dual mono PCM1794 design out there? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2013, 03:39 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Knight
Default Any good dual mono PCM1794 design out there?

Just wondering if there is any good design of the pcm1794 out there, besides the COD from TPA? I am looking for something with i2s input, low noise regulators, preferably dual mono pcm1794 and pads for external balanced IV stage. I vaguely remember a site from Japan with some nices designs but I have a memory like a sieve, so would appreciate if someone reminds me of that site.

Cheers.

Old 16th February 2013, 04:42 AM   #2
amc184 is online now amc184  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

You're probably thinking of easy audio kit.
Old 16th February 2013, 06:52 AM   #3
dhbiker is offline dhbiker  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

maybe this ? DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC - Non Oversampling DAC with PCM1794 - no digital filter - modular design DIY DAC for high resolution audio 192/24 192kHz 24bit
Old 16th February 2013, 07:17 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc184 View Post
You're probably thinking of easy audio kit.
Thanks, that's the one. Been looking at their PCM1794 design for a while but lost the bookmark.

The DDDAC is interesting but the design is too 'closed'. I'm only looking for a DAC board that has options to use my own IV stage.

Old 20th February 2013, 12:28 PM   #5
IanS1 is offline IanS1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm a novice at this DIY stuff, especially DAC's so would appreciate hearing why the DDDAC is 'Closed', in what way? With regards to the I/V stage I've seen a couple of posts about using tube output stages, Transformers or Capacitors with the DDDAC.
Old 20th February 2013, 01:41 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Here, perhaps, is another vendor with an interesting diy DAC to consider - see the FDA-1B for their PCM1794A based DAC board. However, I've no experience with them or their products.

http://www.fetaudio.com/store
Old 8th April 2013, 08:11 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

K & K Audio - Lundahl Transformers, audio DIY kits and more
Old 30th April 2014, 06:57 AM   #8
mikeg88 is offline mikeg88  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Knight View Post
Just wondering if there is any good design of the pcm1794 out there, besides the COD from TPA? I am looking for something with i2s input, low noise regulators, preferably dual mono pcm1794 and pads for external balanced IV stage. I vaguely remember a site from Japan with some nices designs but I have a memory like a sieve, so would appreciate if someone reminds me of that site.

Cheers.
Lil Knight, did you ever end up building a 'dual-mono' topology DAC? (with the PCM1794, specifically).

I ask, because I am currently building (from scratch) exactly what you described when you started this thread. It's basically done on the breadboard, going to PCB next month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MGP0097.jpg (603.9 KB, 127 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!