DCX 2496 power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FULLY modded DCX2496, didden kit, clock n such

man does the stock DCX supply suck.. not only is it noisy but man it just doesnt have any nads..
when running or scaling up down volume or changing settings.. the screen drops out.. sometimes th analog blips.. now at low volumes nada.

i got to think adding the LM chips and the OPA chips are taxing the analog section of the PS and dragging other stuff down.

Ok who makes , besides didden, at least an analog half PS for the DCX?
I've found mods to the stock supply but it's such a POS i hat eto wast e time modding it.

my idea was to build a linear =-15v outboard supply and use 3 separate switching supplys( for digital) or singly supply with 3 transformers and regs and move them to the top of the dcx in separate case n cut a hole in top of dc and run lead straight to the dcx that way. should give short lead low inductance supply?>

AM I crazy or does this seem viable.. ps I know very little about PS design but i can read the forms and learn.

CHEERS!

That would be Oettle.

The 9 volt output is there....take a look at the schematic.

There are numerous threads here on DIYaudio.com with extensive information regarding DCX/DEQ2496 modifications. My advice would be to take a breath and spend a few weeks reading/understanding the information.

Your "commentary" above regarding the stock supply makes me think you probably have a malfunctioning unit.

Cheers,

Dave.

I HAVE READ THE THREADS MULTIPLE TIMES.. an i have been on the yahoo group for the dcx since 08..i'ts taken me getting divorced to have time to do mine.
you woudl think we would have this crap figured out by now.
sometime there is too much information to sort thru..
i have 3 dcx and all the power supply have gone into this one unit. and it still does the same thing. so...
and according to jan and ward( that's an whole other post for later) say all is fine with their stuff and I cant find any issues.

I was referring to the awdiy supply .i could not find any schematics and his transformer only has 3.3 5 7 and 15 v according to his literature..so where does he get 9 v from??

I been thru and built 6 dcx with various mods form lots of folks and run into almost every problem you can imagine.
the ps check good and meet sped as far as current go's on a load.. but they just don't have the balls to drive diddens kit and all the other crap. BTW jans kit in stock form does not meet spec of unity gain and 5 v balanced output. I had to go round and round on that one to get that fixed.I have all pro amps and they requite 2.4-4.6 V input to drive to full power. SO no the stock PS is crap. I think the multitap transformer saturates..
anyway there has got to be a better way to do this.. aw diy you have to vent the lid! not good! I'm looking for a good way to completely remove the PS out of the dcx. into another box. maybe run the filtered supply line down to a small linear regs on a board in the dcx but he regs is what generate the heat.. n they need to be close to the dcx mainboard as possible to minimize impedance n noise pick up potential.

I dunno i haven't found what i consider an acceptable solution yet. and still dont have an answer where awdiy get his 9 v from in his kit..i'll review his site again.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.