5.0" Hifiduino

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys...
New year new projects :)

Project outline:
This DIYAudio tweaked version of the Arduino Due will feature a 5" Touch TFT screen with dual push rotary encoders and IR receiver all on 1 custom board with no shields or adapters required...

Just plug the screen on and program the Arduino core and away you go !

All the unused outputs will be brought to the bottom of the board and split into digital or analog I/O. The usb will be pulled to the side of the board as headers.
I2S lines will be grouped as I2S0 through I2S2 as the fourth is reserved for the internal temperature sensor.
For more info see the Atmel AM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU Datasheet

Comments and suggestion are welcome

Its a control board...
With the right code it can interface any I2S or I2C chip and control function through accessing and setting register function.

Basically it can be anything you want, Volume control, Input selector, DSP controller...
Its only limited by programing and your devices ability.

For instance im working on a 16 DSP/DAC combo and this will give me direct acces to the DACs volume control DSP's Crossover type,crossover frequency, and eq curve.

To be fair this won't share much of the hifiduino codebase at all will it?

As an aside, LCD + Rotary encoder + atmel / arm processor is not exactly something hifiduino pioneered ...

This does sound interesting, we need more info though if you're doing anything with i2s I wonder if the ARM processor has the grunt. I've been toying with idea of getting a pandaboard es or similar to play with becuase with dual core A9 it really will have a lot more grunt than the Cortex-M3 ;)

EDIT: I wrote the above without seeing your post just now. So what is your plans for the i2s lines? I am missing something here I think. I already have a beagle-bone that I'm playing with too though I have no desire to program a custom graphical lcd + touch screen in linux as that sounds like a headache and a half.

Last edited:
I will most likely use the current TFT and touch code and edit it to work with this screen.
My main application is my DSP/DAC which is Based on the Analog Devices ADAU1996 and ADAU1445 chips.
On my setup it will control volume, Switching between inputs and other control features that these processors offer that I haven't even looked at.

I thought this board might be useful to buffalo users or other people that are interested in adding some form of volume control to their preamp/DAC with a nice intuitive interface to make it feel like a professional piece of equipment.

This package will be a master controller that you can add and compile your own custom code to control your devices.

Here's a bit of info about the screen
ITDB02-5.0 module is 5.0" TFT LCD with 65K color 800 x 480 resolutions. The controller of this LCD module is SSD1963, it supports 16bit data interface with 4 wires control interface. Moreover, this module includes the touch screen and SD card socket.

ITDB02-5.0 is supported by UTFT Library.

However...
The original code wasn't meant for the Due and might require some modification to make it work with DUE
See Link Below
Henningkarlsen UTFT Library

Mainly this is build dairy for my own sanity to centralize all information in one spot.
I posted this as it may benefit or help someone that's looking for a similar solution.

Last edited:
Bit of an Update on this...

Project kindah stalled at this point, due to all the parts pouring in for my DSP/ DAC module so I'm shifting my attention to that right now. Right now just making up a schematic and hopefully in the next few weeks will have boards made and will be ready for testing :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.