DIY Surround Amplifier Control Center - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2013, 04:37 PM   #1
jwatts is offline jwatts  United States
diyAudio Member

Default DIY Surround Amplifier Control Center

I am building a DIY amplifier digital control center that will control up to eight channels. The idea is for a home theater amplifier. You can control the volume of each amplifier by navigating through menus on the display screen. The idea is to be able to adjust your two front effects speakers, rear effects speakers, sub woofer, and center channel. You can also control your two main channels and the two main channels have a loudness control, bass control, treble control, and a bass boost. It will adjust the volume for six channel. I will also be provide a remote control. I am ready for my first build but I am really interested and seeing home many people would be interested in buying one of these at $275. I will be two 5inch by 7inch pcbs stacked on top of each other. I have attached 3D renderings of each board.

I am also thinking of adding a on board pink noise generator, mic input, and the display would act as a spectrum analyzer. It would fairly easy to add a PC interface that allow the user to control these features from a PC. I can also add a Bluetooth adapter and could create a Android App to control it. If I add these additional features I am looking at a couple months out to build my first prototype. Any thoughts on the wait? The price will go up probably $100 to add these features.

I could simply release three versions. One would be the unit be the unit above with only the two main channel with the loudness, bass boost, and tone controls, the second would be the eight channel unit, and third would be the eight channel unit with additional features I described.

I am trying to get a gauge of how many pcbs I should buy. People would receive the pcbs assembled with the display attached to it. I would also offer a custom firm ware option that would display the owners name or company name at startup on the display. I could even add text such as “Hello Owner” at startup.

I am looking for thoughts, feature suggestions, and who would be interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg c1.jpeg (80.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpeg c2.jpeg (74.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpeg c3.jpeg (76.9 KB, 76 views)
Old 15th January 2013, 09:03 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I'm interested! I also sent you a PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!