Build thread for Diyinhk ES9018 DAC on Ebay - Page 49 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2013, 07:07 PM   #481
farhun is offline farhun  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jackal29a, I have been very picky with proper decoupling when I built the boards, I have extra 10uF and 0.01uF caps parallel to the ones on the board, good quality electrolithics, nichicon and panasonic at both sides of the board!
Old 30th May 2013, 11:01 PM   #482
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhun View Post
I meant IV opamps, 6 LME49990s. I've build two boards, both have the same heat problem. What may cause that?

Worst are the last two opamps, they reach ~90-100 degrees Celcius. I have changed power supplies, built multi-stage regulated supply with independent Salas LV regulators for analog, digital, and IV stages, noisewise they are very clean and voltages are not exceeding the standards; 3.3V for digital, 3.45V for analog, and 12.2V for IV. I'm seriously puzzled.
How about current load ?
Old 1st June 2013, 05:09 AM   #483
farhun is offline farhun  United States
diyAudio Member

I believe IV opamps oscillating at high frequencies was it, using 0.1uF caps between +V and -V pins of each opamp considerably reduced the heat. Interesting. Thanks Jackal29a.
Old 1st June 2013, 05:20 AM   #484
diyAudio Member

Your're welcome, glad it got better. I'd still recommend you read page #10 of the LME's data sheet->output drive and stability, output compensation and supply bypassing. Output compensation paragraph mentions high speed data conversion.
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:34 PM   #485
Flac is offline Flac  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Smile Wondering ...

having an epson x-tal of 75 MHz and feeding my DIYINHK via an Amanero I've played my 1st 384 track just to see if it would lock on to it and play in the end and YES ... it locked, loaded and played instantly although at the end of the track it started to generate a lot of digital noise but that disappeared and stayed away as soon as another track started to play/stop.

I got the impression those higher rates (here 18432 kbps, 384000 Hz in foobar) were only possible with a 100 MHz clock ... seems it works with 75 MHz as well ... and sounds really good as well ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peter's Nieuwe Kristal.jpg (572.2 KB, 860 views)
File Type: jpg P1080764.jpg (548.3 KB, 830 views)
Old 24th June 2013, 01:25 AM   #486
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

I've done those tests with BII 80 MHZ. 384K Material would play, but 352K will not play... (don't know why)
Old 15th August 2013, 03:53 PM   #487
diyAudio Member

I have a question: I bought old version AVCC and Trident regulators from TPA. I did not separate AVCCL and AVCCR as I am a newbie and I want to make sure the board works fine with default configuration. While AVCC regulator has two output but the board has one AVCC input, could you advise how should I wire AVCC regulator to the board? By using only one output or bridging the two outputs?
Old 16th August 2013, 10:48 AM   #488
diyAudio Member

None replies but I have another question. If I cut the trace on my rev5 board, I can use CN8 as AVCC_R. I saw only one voltage divider (10k/10k), does it mean only one channel's offset will be used for both channel? Schematic has two voltage dividers for Offset_L and Offset_R
Old 9th October 2013, 02:32 PM   #489
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

If I wan´t to use voltage out and a transformer,can I just leave out the opamps and take the signal there,no other settings to be done?
Old 6th January 2014, 11:58 AM   #490
voy is offline voy
diyAudio Member

I ordered the wrong resistors for the second time now. The first time I selected 1/4 watt on mouser but you are still able to order 1/2 parts. I learned from my mistakes I tried again. But again I *!@#$% up. I now have 1/4 watt dale resistors but again the wrong format. They are 71-RN65 parts and they are too big. I used them anyway but it really doesn't look nice.
Why don't you stay in the RN61 range then? well a lot of them were not available so I bought the more expensive ones.
What would you do? leave them or spend another 20 euro's shipping + parts and try again?
Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!