Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th March 2013, 01:37 AM   #361
Account disabled at member's request

Cool ! I'll be interested to hear how it compares. You have a different version of the board so if you can, please post a photo of the routing on the other side. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2013, 10:43 AM   #362
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guglielmope View Post
Hello,
the board works!!
My proto ES9018 player.
I'm waiting for the new relese.
I use external SEN I/V
In the next days I'll compare with Buffalo II
Ciao
Guglielmo
Looking forward to your comparision. What are your first impressions?
Thinking of getting a couple of these for a dual mono application. Has the latest pcb incorporated any of your suggestions? What pcb design features have been added to the latest version available?
Old 13th March 2013, 11:16 AM   #363
diyAudio Member

Wow! seperate the ES9018 AVCC_R/L power supply provide a much more 3D sound stage.
The location of every instrumentals is much much more clear
It's like listening the different of a vertical piano and a grand piano,
This is really a breakthrough even after many layout improvement since the first version
I finally know why many diyer want dual mono config or at less seperate AVCC_R/L power supply.
Click the image to open in full size.
this version will be available after the last few pieces ex-version is out

Last edited by diyinhk; 13th March 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 13th March 2013, 09:27 PM   #364
diyAudio Member

Did you add other modifications?
Ciao
Guglielmo
Old 15th March 2013, 03:16 AM   #365
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyinhk View Post
Wow! seperate the ES9018 AVCC_R/L power supply provide a much more 3D sound stage.
This is really a breakthrough even after many layout improvement since the first version
I finally know why many diyer want dual mono config or at less seperate AVCC_R/L power supply.

How much is the cost of the new version?
Old 16th March 2013, 10:53 PM   #366
rade95 is offline rade95  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyinhk View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
diyinhk I just ordered a board and you sent me the old version. Why? I am quite annoyed at this point.
Old 17th March 2013, 02:12 AM   #367
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade95 View Post
diyinhk I just ordered a board and you sent me the old version. Why? I am quite annoyed at this point.
this version has some component value missed print, the whole batch is went to the rubbish bin It should available soon
Old 17th March 2013, 02:37 AM   #368
diyAudio Member

Is there any special reasons why analog / digital ground has not been separated ?
Old 17th March 2013, 12:06 PM   #369
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

it shouldnt be, that would be a bad idea to separate the grounds like that, you would just be asking for ground loop currents inside the chip.... in general its a bad idea, if you want to shield delicate grounds from strong circulating currents, put a slot in the ground, but maintain a single ground.

funny that slowly some of the failings I suggested before the production boards were even made are being 'discovered' one by one as time goes on. I didnt discover them either, but I was criticized for being picky for suggesting them and fought every step of the way.

the dac chip has separate supplies, references, everything for the L/R channels; use them.
Old 17th March 2013, 02:44 PM   #370
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
it shouldnt be, that would be a bad idea to separate the grounds like that, you would just be asking for ground loop currents inside the chip.... in general its a bad idea, if you want to shield delicate grounds from strong circulating currents, put a slot in the ground, but maintain a single ground.

funny that slowly some of the failings I suggested before the production boards were even made are being 'discovered' one by one as time goes on. I didnt discover them either, but I was criticized for being picky for suggesting them and fought every step of the way.

the dac chip has separate supplies, references, everything for the L/R channels; use them.
IMHO I would believe that a complete separation of analog/digital ground with be a very positive mod. Due to the high frequencies working on the digital busses. And a separation from USB ground from computer. Which in total should reduce noise ??

Or is there better ways around this ?
Or isnt it an issue ? Then I would like a short explanation if anyone got it.

Thanks for reply :-)

Hide this!Advertise here!