Build thread for Diyinhk ES9018 DAC on Ebay - Page 35 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2013, 03:41 PM   #341
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

I do have compact fluorescent lights everywhere in the house but I use a Monster (fancy looking) power conditioner and recycled EI transformers. I have never experienced hiccups due to switching lights on/off...
Old 26th February 2013, 09:00 PM   #342
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmarkp View Post
I am getting weird lock and mute problems. Sometimes the auto mute LED does not go on when I stop the CD player. Once it starts doing this it will not work right without a power restart. It seems to be affected by my shop lights. I am not sure about this, but it seems that it works better when the lights are on. Any idea what that is?
I have discovered something recently, which may be connected with your problems. I use CM6631 USB-I2S converter and it's clocks. I had problems, because I had to switch x45 and x49 clocks or resample everything to 44,1 or 96kHz depending on the clock connected, otherwise I heard "frying" sound. I keep the CM6631 board close to the DAC in order to shorten the wire connecting clock. Since I have shielded the top of the ES9018 chip with a piece of grounded metal, I do not have to switch the clocks or resample anymore. It plays flawlessly in every clock/sample rate configuration. The idea comes from glt's blog and it works!
Old 1st March 2013, 07:47 AM   #343
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I'm building my board and I'd like to know if I can separate AVCC left and right cutting this connections?
HAve a nice day.
Ciao
Guglielmo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DAC 005p.jpg (185.7 KB, 406 views)
Old 1st March 2013, 10:49 PM   #344
Account disabled at member's request

I don't know and maybe no-one will help, so, if you have checked the connections to the pins and the power entry, and it seems these lines are part of the routing, then cut them very carefully and see if they are. You should be able to repair them quite easily if they are not.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:14 PM   #345
diyAudio Member

I would be interested in knowing too before cutting and testing the trace. With separate AVCC one can implement the opamp-based AVCC (in the ESS documentation) since most opamps are limited to about 50 mA which is enough to power half the chip at 100 MHz
Old 2nd March 2013, 12:23 AM   #346
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

50mA is pretty high, most are less than this.
Old 4th March 2013, 12:09 AM   #347
diyAudio Member

I have not cut the traces myself, but based on the pin assignments, you will need to cut the three bridges on the right side to separate the right avcc from left avcc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guglielmope View Post
Hello,
I'm building my board and I'd like to know if I can separate AVCC left and right cutting this connections?
HAve a nice day.
Ciao
Guglielmo
Old 4th March 2013, 03:24 AM   #348
Account disabled at member's request

150mA Operational Amplifier (Op Amp) - High Speed Amplifier (>=50MHz) - OPA690 - TI.com
Old 4th March 2013, 08:00 AM   #349
diyAudio Member

Hello,
can you indicate me on the picture what you suggest me to cut?
Looking the picture I've cutted the one on the right side without any result.
Ciao
Guglielmo
Old 4th March 2013, 10:59 AM   #350
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guglielmope View Post
Hello,
can you indicate me on the picture what you suggest me to cut?
Looking the picture I've cutted the one on the right side without any result.
Ciao
Guglielmo
many people seems like L R seperated power connector, and I also found that the left and right seperation can be more better. We will have a new 9018 version with AVCC left and right power connector It's better to assemble the current version and enjoy it now. send it to your friend one month later and build the new version to compare the improvement is fun

anyway, I am always listen the AK4399 with OPA627 in this few days, female vocal is lovely and touch

Hide this!Advertise here!