Build thread for Diyinhk ES9018 DAC on Ebay - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2013, 07:14 AM   #101
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlipschKid View Post
GLT - how do you make it look better than mine every time ?! It's not fair. You even removed the screen in almost exact squares.

I'll read you 'duino stuff at the weekend.
I used a ruler :-)
Old 17th January 2013, 07:51 AM   #102
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
In this case, it does, otherwise it must travel around the power lines which is a mile away.
yeah I think I already established it was a long way around.... I like to give advice that can be applied to many cases and allows people to think for themselves (sometimes people become very frustrated at me for that). there are also capacitor leads punching through the ground plane and linking top and bottom? all over the place.

but you are still going with the old fashioned 'conventional' view of circuit theory. the electrons actually flow from Negative to Positive, its holes that 'flow' from positive to negative. the signal does not really travel along the wires and then back along under the wires in opposite directions in a nice linear manner. ideally we would like them to flow cleanly, but I would be very surprised if it were that neat in this board. electrons actually flow rather slowly, as opposed to the charge. but thats beyond the scope here, the circuits still worked amazingly, even though we had it all completely backwards.

a 'hole' is the absence of an electron

Hole Flow
Electrons and 'holes'
Conventional Flow vs Electron Flow

now i'll leave you scratching your head, as I was when I first came upon this concept a few years ago

at this stage in conversation its usually easier to just pretend its not happening and not rock the boat so as to avoid arguing/explaining it every time, but its an interesting factoid to bring up here

Last edited by qusp; 17th January 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 17th January 2013, 08:03 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

basically I would make it more than a wire of similar gauge to the resistor lead
Old 17th January 2013, 01:49 PM   #104
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Qusp,

I'll give you some advice:

1- Style of comment is IMPORTANT. You could actually destroy someone's livelihood without knowing.
2- Brevity of comment is IMPORTANT. Doubling or tripling the size of a thread is a disservice to EVERYONE.
Old 17th January 2013, 01:54 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

yeah, had enough of your advice, I dont care for it. the advice you are giving in the thread now seems to be starting to resemble my old livelihood crippling advice anyway. but no, no value in the content I included, even if it predates the research you had to go off and do, in order to come back and confirm what ive been saying all along. it would not have taken up so much room if you didnt argue the point about it so long before accepting it.

you are at least as much to blame for the proliferation of comments

Last edited by qusp; 17th January 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 17th January 2013, 02:15 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
but thats beyond the scope here, the circuits still worked amazingly, even though we had it all completely backwards.
just in case this was taken to refer to the circuit here, it refers to the fact that humanity, all of electronics pretty much believed current to be flowing the other way, but luckily for us, it worked anyway.
Old 17th January 2013, 05:28 PM   #107
AAK is offline AAK  United States
diyAudio Member

qusp, why not just provide suggestions without being demeaning and condescending? I agree with glt.
Old 17th January 2013, 10:01 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

gusp,

I am confused by your reference to three articles on "holes". Those are all on the atomic level or slightly higher. The unfortunate tangent that the thread went off on was about the path of electrons on a macro level. So I do not see the relevance.

Now can we please get back to building and playing around with the $99 DAC? I know it is has some problems, I bought it to play around with and maybe build a DAC for one of my friends on the cheap.
Old 18th January 2013, 12:44 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Those are all on the atomic level or slightly higher.
as is the construction and operation of solid state devices/circuits, you dont see the connection? N channels are doped with electrons, while P channel devices are doped with holes. its the very basis around which these devices work. also subatomic would be more accurate

please override your brain reflex, its qusp not a g in sight

let us know how cheap it turns out

Last edited by qusp; 18th January 2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 18th January 2013, 01:00 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
The doping isn't done with electrons (they'd flow away anyway to equalize the charge), its done with atoms which are electron donors. Conversely, for P type with hole donors.

Hide this!Advertise here!