I don't feel like giving the chinese more money, can I pull the pcb out of my cd-65?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Absolutley, all 3 traces must be cut on the Philips board. Pin 1, 2, and 3. Cut 4 as well just in case, but i doubt it was in use, most likely was tired to GND. No reason why it shouldn't work. What is BCK running at; 2.8224Mhz? Are you over sampling? If so it may be 5.6448Mhz.

Pin 4 was connected to pin 2.

I've lifted all the connecting lines going to pins 123 and attached cables coming from my CS8412 to the input of the TDA1541.

Pin 4 is currently floating.

I'm currently getting no output from the dac, not even digital noise.

I'm considering reconnecting pin 4 to pin 2 and trying different sample rates from foobar2000

Pin 4 was connected to pin 2.

I've lifted all the connecting lines going to pins 123 and attached cables coming from my CS8412 to the input of the TDA1541.

Pin 4 is currently floating.

I'm currently getting no output from the dac, not even digital noise.

I'm considering reconnecting pin 4 to pin 2 and trying different sample rates from foobar2000

Try connecting pin 4 to gnd as i have. It doesn't sound like thats the problem anyway. Double check that you have connected to the right pins. If you have an occiloscope check all your i2s signals. Sorry, not familiar with the board your using.

HOLY ****!! ITS ALIVE!! Yes it was the GND, I only just tried it by instinct and its working beautifully!!

Btw pin 4 is connected to pin 2 at the moment, and it isnt grounded, the picture below is an outdated picture and shows that the trace from 2 to 4 is cut, I undone that, then what I did next was, the ground that I am talking about is the one coming from the CS8412 to the TDA1541, it was that that was floating! so I just connected the gnd coming from the CS8412 to the large red trace that goes right through the middle of the TDA1541 chip and it came alive.

7Pf9O.jpg

Pin 1 is bottom left.

fTXOn.jpg

It sounds awesome too, NO noise!

Last edited:
It sounds awesome, Go the TDA1541 NON-A!
Thank you to everyone involved, :) This is exactly why I made this thread, to do exactly what has been done here.

PRt57.jpg

And just so I can verify that this is working on a Marantz CD-65: Australian
E5B2K.jpg

Last edited:
freax, if at all possible, you should have a ground wire for each of the i2s signal wires, not just one. so FSYNC/GND/SCK/GND/BCK/GND as Ryan says above me. many boards and designs incorrectly only put one, but this turns the ones without ground into noise sources, as well as being susceptible to noise

freax, if at all possible, you should have a ground wire for each of the i2s signal wires, not just one. so FSYNC/GND/SCK/GND/BCK/GND as Ryan says above me. many boards and designs incorrectly only put one, but this turns the ones without ground into noise sources, as well as being susceptible to noise

Roger that, I will get some cat5 twisted pair and make one wire gnd and the other a digital line, then rewire it, after I've listened to it for a while :)

Hi Freax, good stuff!

So just to clarify - you have pin 4 grounded? I ask as I have it floating on the A version but I'm still going to try the non-A just out of curiosity!

Cheers

OOPS - sorry - didn't get past 'It Works!!' scrub this question...........

Last edited:
Hi Freax, good stuff!

So just to clarify - you have pin 4 grounded? I ask as I have it floating on the A version but I'm still going to try the non-A just out of curiosity!

Cheers

OOPS - sorry - didn't get past 'It Works!!' scrub this question...........

Just to make sure there arent any loose ends here, I went back and traced each pin down.

Here is how it is wired:
(CS8412-CP)----------->(TDA1541)
GND-------------------->GND
Pin 12------------------>Pin 2 and Pin 4
Pin 11------------------>Pin 1
Pin 26------------------>Pin 3

cgqbn.jpg

2YsVP.jpg

iZn8Z.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.