Buffalo III Simple Output Stage Help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DAC People: I have a TPA Buffalo III kit that I will be putting together soon. I have a long term plan to add a high quality I/V to it based on all the threads here, but in the interim I would like to get it up and running with something fairly simple.

Unlike many of the implementations here, I am going to use it as 6 or 8 channels with single ended output. It will be replacing the DACs in my DCX2496.

Any thoughts or experiences on this would be appreciated.

That's what ESS would call voltage out, though with such a low impedance it's quite likely performance is below the voltage mode spec---based on ESS's design collateral a minimum load of 5k is probably a better choice. In ESS's current out implementation's the load's more like 30k, though it's not always obvious. You'll need the differential input impedance specs in relevant op amp's datasheets and to work back through the schematic to figure out the load.

THD+N and DNR specifications for both voltage and current mode are given in the ES9018 datsheet. Unfortunately the voltage mode measurement conditions are not stated and I never got an answer back when I asked.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.