AD1865 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After reading some posts in the forum about stacking ceramic caps i did an experiment today. I soldered a 10uf x5r cap on top of the 0.15uf x7r on the digital supply of AD1865 and also soldered 2.2uf Y5V on top of decoupling caps (0.15uf x7r) in the logic IC's.
My subjective impression is of a blacker background , better focused sound stage and more definition in the treble region. Dont know if this approach is technically correct but i like the results :)

I figured out my mistake about the negative supply regulator and corrected it, so i threw away the l79l05 and using the low noise mic5207. The dac definately sounds better with a ground plane (not big surprise i guess). Im really happy with its sound although i have no previous point of reference regarding multibit dac's.
I created the board in eagle and now im thinking if it will be beneficial to add an extra regulator just for the logic ic's. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 255
Stacking ceramics, interesting, and cant comment as to how effective it could be as is not done in general manufacture, due to time constraints, as you will have found.
I do remember various combinations of components have been tried in the past, including I believe stacked caps. It is something that would be interesting to simulate if I ever get time.
Just separate them with a Pi filter input on each device (cap, ferrite, cap).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.