Connect XMOS ref. XS1-L1 to ES9018 Evaluation Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For a DIY project I want to connect a XS1-L1 Audio Reference Board to my ES9018 Evaluation Board (DSD/I2S). As a background: I want to be able to play PCM and DSD audio over USB...

Searching on intranet I found that I should use the following outputs on the XS1-L1 board. The XS1-L1 outputs DSD signals on the I2S pins with the following mapping:
1. Bit Clock - SCLK
2. Left channel DSD data - LRCK
3. Right channel DSD data - DAC DATA

and the same pins accept I2S & DSD. So switching on the fly should not be a problem...

The inputs of the ES9018 Evaluation Board is depicted below.

I have two questions:
1) How to connect the 3 outputs of the XMOS to the inputs (which) on the ES9018 EV board?
2) What is the best-practice in terms of type of connectors / wires.

Many thanks in advance!

ES9018 EV Board inputs
Sabre.jpg

XMOS XS1-L1 outputs
photo.jpg

Thank you very much. I did get some audio out of the DAC with these connections. It did crack a lot and the lock was gone from time to time, but that is due to a combination of clumsy soldering and the use of too long jump wires.

One last question regarding this topic. I read somewhere that it is better to feed all DACs with the same signal. Thus, XMOS LRCK->DSD1/3/5/7 and XMOS DATA->DSD2/4/6/8. Any practical tips on how to split the signal to all four DACs? I now use 1 pin female to female jump wires.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.