ES9018 I2C controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Dimdim

Thank you for your reply and thank you for your blog.

Is 1,5kohm / 500pf ok for adum1250 ok on 5V arduino side and 1Kohm / 770pf ok on 3,3V dac pub side ?
(this is what i see on ADUM1250 data sheet).

Does this ADUM1250 provide a good noise immunity compared to optocouplers ?

Mery Christmas

Bernard

Merry Christmas to you too Bernard,

You don't need to worry much about the pull-up resistors. Just use ~1.6K on both sides and you'll probably be OK.

The capacitances that you see on the datasheet refer to load capacitance caused by the I2C wiring, you don't need to add these parts to your circuit.

The ADUM1250 works very differently compared to an optocoupler. To begin with, it has to be by-directional, so as to be able to properly transfer I2C signals, so it is not realistic to compare its noise immunity to that of optocouplers.

Hi,

Ok, Thank you.
Which capacitor should i use for decoupling between ground and V+ on both adum1250 side ?

I was thinking about to use 3 HF relays for isolation instead of a chip. The arduino code would have to be modify to re - init and close connect at each event.
Do you think to would work ?

B.

atmega ce644 driver

Hi,
A few years ago I could buy a controller board, for controlling the es9018 dac.
(Hi Corpius, still thank you for your help to sell me a pcb).
Loading get wrong, I don't know why. I have no understanding of programming.
On this time I use W8.1. when I connect the controller,to try again load the software, in the device manager I see the controller board, but not a virtual com port.
On the arduino IDE, down in the right corner I see atmega com 1. But the extra> serialport don't enlight, this mean arduino don't see the controller.
So, no com port in the device manager means no driver is found.
Mine question is how do get I a driver ?
I hope that here somebody can help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0071.jpg
    DSCN0071.jpg
    991.9 KB · Views: 197
solved driver problem

I don't give up when something go wrong. When I connect the controllerboard
to the computer, sometimes a pop up that said driver already installed.
But no virtual comport in the device manager. A search on cd or C:\ give no result. An other popup up and ask for search on the web. This is not what I prefer, you no never where they searh. But I had no more options, so I did.
And whitin 30 seconds the search stop, a line in the device manager disappears
and a line with a comport appears. I stard arduino and yes, the com port shows up in the arduino IDE.
Now I can load the code, I hope so!
Soon I will tell you.

solution

Hi userguide,
Your explaination is right.
The problem was indeed that the libery files not stay in the right map.
When I attempt the last time, different error message appear, and when the stdio.h file (in a map whit the same name) was replaced, to the right map, the error message disappears, but the next error message appear. Again a libery fault.
Then I replace all the libery files to right map and let load again the code, and yes, its going right. So,after a lot of errors finaly a good working controller.
Hi corpius, again thanks a lot for willing to help me with the controller board, still you where very busy whit your study.
Best regards

controller for any audio chip

Hi

It's now about 3.5 years ago that corpius was willing to sell me a pcb board with parts. One of his statement was that he has not much time, study, work etc. I had ask him the possibility to change the code on such way, that the controller for any audio chip is to use. He aswer, that it is not a big problem, only I have no time to do that. Very sad, but a fact.
So, I know that programming is not my cake, I don't like it.
Now mine question, is here anyone who can change the code, so that the controller can be use for any audio chip?
Best regards.

Hi guys,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask my question.
I am putting together ES9018 with arduino and a 20x4 display. I was aiming for a slim case for it. I realized today that the display as such is not to high, but the pcb it is mounted on is 60mm high. That kind of disqualifies any slim looking chassis I have available/in mind.
I googled 20x4 displays a bit and it seems all of them are coming with a huge pcb...

Can anybody point me to a display with a smaller pcb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.