ES9018 I2C controller - Page 16 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2013, 09:24 PM   #151
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Corpius, very nice documentation!, Congrats.
Old 9th February 2013, 09:42 PM   #152
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaldes View Post
That's a very good job!
Have you also included the possibility to control more than one Buffalo?
I have an active multiway system and I'm using an Arduino with GLT firmware to control two BII
I would like to switch to your system but would like to be sure if your firmware can handle two Buffalo
If glt's firmware can do it than mine should be able to do it too. It's based on his work. How are you using glt's firmware exactly? What have you done with it to control your two BII's?
Old 9th February 2013, 10:06 PM   #153
mvaldes is offline mvaldes  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
If glt's firmware can do it than mine should be able to do it too. It's based on his work. How are you using glt's firmware exactly? What have you done with it to control your two BII's?
well, it's long time I'm not updating the code. I'm a little bit lazy so I'm sticking on ver. 09g of GLT code and can't remember well what if any mod I've made to the code.
The main job is to issue any write command to both address 0x90 and 0x92
At that time GLT have made some change to his code upon my request.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:08 PM   #154
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
Highest marks Robert! Top notch design, well layed out site, excellent instructions.
Thanks Rich. The ce328 firmware is also suitable for your system. You'll like it's interface. Much nicer than the version you got from me earlier on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Corpius, very nice documentation!, Congrats.
thx. I'll do my best, but I can't compete with you. The amount of information you're publishing is simply amazing. Where do you find that much time??? If it wasn't for you I would have struggled much more with controlling the es9018.

One of my next projects would be to create some code for my two OPUS DAC's. I'm planning to build a integrated amplifier that includes the OPUS DAC's in dual mono. I want to have analog inputs as well, so I'm still looking for some ways to achieve these. Perhaps a miniDSP or something would the trick. Any suggestions maybe?
Old 9th February 2013, 10:27 PM   #155
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaldes View Post
well, it's long time I'm not updating the code. I'm a little bit lazy so I'm sticking on ver. 09g of GLT code and can't remember well what if any mod I've made to the code.
The main job is to issue any write command to both address 0x90 and 0x92
At that time GLT have made some change to his code upon my request.
So basically you're writing all commands to the registers of both DAC's. That's more or less the same as setting it to dual mono, exept for the mono part of course how about the DAC polarity? Anti-phase or in-phase?
Old 10th February 2013, 12:13 AM   #156
diyAudio Member

Corpius,
I tried to purchase your controller but could not get your shopping cart to work. I am sorry to waste bandwidth here but I could not even contact you through your website. I registered under the name xluorp on your website.
Mike
Old 10th February 2013, 01:29 AM   #157
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
Thanks Rich. The ce328 firmware is also suitable for your system. You'll like it's interface. Much nicer than the version you got from me earlier on.

thx. I'll do my best, but I can't compete with you. The amount of information you're publishing is simply amazing. Where do you find that much time??? If it wasn't for you I would have struggled much more with controlling the es9018.

One of my next projects would be to create some code for my two OPUS DAC's. I'm planning to build a integrated amplifier that includes the OPUS DAC's in dual mono. I want to have analog inputs as well, so I'm still looking for some ways to achieve these. Perhaps a miniDSP or something would the trick. Any suggestions maybe?
A wolfson would be great, would be nice to be able to select all filters and dithering at every sample rate.

Wen you say mini-dsp do you mean for oversampling or for active crossover?
Old 10th February 2013, 07:48 AM   #158
diyAudio Member

Brilliant work Robert!
Old 10th February 2013, 08:03 AM   #159
diyAudio Member

Default Other libraries are involved too

I forgot to mention on my here and on my site that some additional libraries are needed to work with the firmware. I added this info to my site:

Quote:
In order to use the code the LiquidCrystal library from F Malpartida and the RTC library from JeeLabs both needs to be used. Download them both. Unpack them and replace the original LiquidCrystal library by the new one in the libraries folder of the Arduino software. Copy the RTC library folders and files to the libraries folder. Restart the Arduino software for the changes to take effect.
Old 10th February 2013, 08:08 AM   #160
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
Corpius,
I tried to purchase your controller but could not get your shopping cart to work. I am sorry to waste bandwidth here but I could not even contact you through your website. I registered under the name xluorp on your website.
Mike
You got a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
A wolfson would be great, would be nice to be able to select all filters and dithering at every sample rate.

Wen you say mini-dsp do you mean for oversampling or for active crossover?
Well I have not been doing some proper investigation on the miniDSP products, but I assumed that I can use them to take both analog and digital signals and use it for volume control. Perhaps a descent analog volume control is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystical View Post
Brilliant work Robert!
Thx!

Hide this!Advertise here!