ES9018 I2C controller - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2012, 01:47 AM   #111
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwikse View Post
Cool wobbly case SCompRacer Looking forward to seeing your new case.
Me too!

Nice stack! I was hoping to import my front panel svg file into Sketchup and post it in your thread at TP, but it doesn't import that or a fpd file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
There rotary board will have the debounce circuit resistors like glt suggested earlier on. ... .
Nice work! I originally mounted my encoder on that round board to protect the fragile connector pins. You saw it and said, 'hey you left room for the hardware debounce parts!' I really didn't think of that at the time but will stick them on there this weekend and try it. IIRC I have to change something in the code with hardware. Not at home to look at my files....

Last edited by SCompRacer; 15th November 2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:10 PM   #112
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default coding coding coding

Today I made some progress with the gui of the controller. I took some elements from the original HifiDUINO code and went on playing with it. The original code always shows all input settings. I do not want to display these all the time as I can not read them from my sofa. Therefore I decided to use the minimal display als default. This only shows the selected input, sample rate and the current volume.
The settings menu of the selected input can be entered by pressing the center key. Some settings where just 3 character abbreviations and for that reason I kept forgetting what some of the settings where for. That's why I decided to add just a bit more info to the displayed setting name.
A different menu is entered by pressing the menu key. From here the backlight can be adjusted, date/time can be shown or adjusted, temperature monitoring is possible and there is a advanced menu. This is where the learn IR function will be found. I'm also thinking of adding some functions to switch between Dual mono, TPA phase and maybe a function to enable/disable the volume control. This is especially usefull when you want to use a pre-amp instead of the DAC's volume control. I'm aware that this function can also be dangerous for your speakers when you accidentally switch to full volume.

Here's a little preview: CE644 controller - YouTube

(backlight adjustment doesn't work because the digital pot was not connected when I shot the video)
Old 18th November 2012, 12:09 AM   #113
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Very nice. I didn't see sample rate though. The weirdest thing is the background music: my daughter has been practicing that exact song... :-)
Old 18th November 2012, 09:46 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Very nice. I didn't see sample rate though. The weirdest thing is the background music: my daughter has been practicing that exact song... :-)
Thanks! Forgot to mention that it was not connected to the dac and the code for displaying the sample rate was commented anyway, so that`s the reason why you didn`t see it.
I replaced the original sounds with this song. That`s an option youtube/google offers to get rid off the background noises, like the clicking of the remote. Most of the songs they offer a unbearable to me, but this one is actually quite nice. Some may think differently
Old 18th November 2012, 10:08 AM   #115
Zoran is offline Zoran  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Does the MC has to be initilized or so?
or it is just load the code - and working?
(newbie)
Old 18th November 2012, 10:46 AM   #116
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
Does the MC has to be initilized or so?
or it is just load the code - and working?
(newbie)
I want it to work straight away, but there are some settings that needs to be set before the first use. These are settings for "Dual mono/Stereo", "TPA phase", and "Enable/Disable Volume control". These have to be set with some dip switches. I'm am thinking about coding this functions in a way that they can be controlled by the remote to override the dip switch settings.
I'm not entirely sure if I will add these functions. The "Disable volume control" function can potentially be dangerous to persons that accidental disable it while the DAC is connected directly to an power amplifier. Like me!

EDIT: There is however the possibility to alter the code and upload it, or upload some completely different code.
Old 18th November 2012, 04:15 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Here's a little preview: CE644 controller - YouTube
Best user interface I have seen so far with the Arduino and the Buffalo!! Very wife friendly!
Old 18th November 2012, 07:41 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystical View Post
Best user interface I have seen so far with the Arduino and the Buffalo!! Very wife friendly!
ha ha, I know exactly what you mean. DIY audio and wife's don't always go hand-in-hand.

Thanks for the compliment!
Old 18th November 2012, 07:43 PM   #119
gwikse is offline gwikse  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
ha ha, I know exactly what you mean. DIY audio and wife's don't always go hand-in-hand.

Thanks for the compliment!
Speaking of wich (high WAF); Have you had any luck with transmitting ir-codes?

My system`s WAF is low atm, hence the work on the chassis-stuff

Edit: WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor... Rarely high with DIY electronics
Old 18th November 2012, 07:52 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

IR codes... I have managed to record the codes of all different IR protocols I have available and use them, but in some cases they are not very reliable. The response is also quite slow which bothers me a lot. I have put is aside for a moment and let it rest until I finished the interface of the controller. After that I will dive into the IR codes again.

Hide this!Advertise here!