High end all digital dsp crossover ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Adrculda,
if you want a kick start on this I am happy to help. If you look at my blog I have put all the CAD files and source code for the ADAU1442.

Happy to assist with schematic reviews and will happily try to asist with some of the oddities that I am sure you will bump into on the implementation for these chips.

That said, once running they have proven to be bullet proof and very stable.

You wont find that I2C / SPI speed is such a big deal - there is not a lot of code to be loaded, and unless you are planning to do some really funky things with real time changes to coefficients, the amount of data you send to configure filters etc is pretty minor. If you have either an I2C or SPI bus logger, then go for that protocol!

Have fun!

Thanks,
I've been busy with work and stopped following the forums and kinda fell off the earth sorta deal. But now its slowing down and working only a few days a week which gives me time to thinker and build stuff again :wave2s:

The results are the same for series CHIPS apparently...

I have a fairly large collection of DSP's and DAC's as I started taking advantage of sample system... DIX9211, CS497024, SAM3X8E amongst the organizer full of chips :p

I'm not looking to loop the signal back out but rather to feed it into the 1966 and then from there into the amp.

Also I've been thinking of running two 1445 ( master / slave configuration running double precision mode ) feeding a single 1966 and from there fanning it out to individual breakout boards for each channel that would offer both balanced and single ended outputs.

I would most likely use one SAM3X8E as a controller for volume and EQ functions by interfacing it to a 3.8" or 5" IPS touch screen. Also it would act as a "probe" to detect incoming stream information ( Stream Type, Bit Depth and Sample Frequency ) amongst the other functions.

Commands and communication via SPI.

I would most likely use one SAM3X8E as a controller for volume and EQ functions by interfacing it to a 3.8" or 5" IPS touch screen. Also it would act as a "probe" to detect incoming stream information ( Stream Type, Bit Depth and Sample Frequency ) amongst the other functions.

Commands and communication via SPI.

PS:
Interfacing digital data would be done either a PCM9211 / DIX9211 ...

Both are capable of 216kHz/24Bit, 12 multiplexed inputs and 3 PCM, while the PCM9211 option would allow for a set of analog inputs through an internal ADC that's 96kHz/24Bit Capable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.