Drive NOS AD1865/62,PCM1704/02/63,TDA1541 from FIFO: Universal I2S-PCM driver board

I thought that too, but I'm not so sure now that I've re-visited the block diagrams.

There is no comms connection to the FIFO, just takes i2s from the clock board, as far as I can tell.

Obviously, the FIFO would be a pretty handy tool if you're interested in getting the last drop of musical juice from your favourite DAC chip, so consider yourselves encouraged to look into that folks!

edit: OK as hochopeper says you dont need it but its strongly recommended if you want to isolate from the computer and provide a seamless terminated low jitter connection for mclk on this NOS driver board. I figured there would be some communication between the 2 boards, but it appears not.

seems a nobrainer to me to get both, but its not strictly required

Last edited:
not sure if there is anyone here on this who isnt aware of this or not, but you also need Ians i2s fifo module, this by itself will be useless I would think

I thought that too, but I'm not so sure now that I've re-visited the block diagrams.

There is no comms connection to the FIFO, just takes i2s from the clock board, as far as I can tell.

Obviously, the FIFO would be a pretty handy tool if you're interested in getting the last drop of musical juice from your favourite DAC chip, so consider yourselves encouraged to look into that folks!

Yes, you are right. This daughter board was designed as a universal I2S to PCM converter. It just needs I2S and MCLK as input, and can receive I2S signals from most popular DIR and USB audio adapter. FIFO is not a must for it, but would be highly recommended, as well as the isolator.

Ian

Yes, you are right. This daughter board was designed as a universal I2S to PCM converter. It just needs I2S and MCLK as input, and can receive I2S signals from most popular DIR and USB audio adapter. FIFO is not a must for it, but would be highly recommended, as well as the isolator.

Ian
Hi Ian,
can you post a simple block diagram of I2S/PCM board with input and output?
Thanks
Andrea

Hi Ian,
can you post a simple block diagram of I2S/PCM board with input and output?
Thanks
Andrea

Here you are. Each of block was writen in VerilogHDL.

Ian

Attachments

• BlockDiagram.png
    BlockDiagram.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 919