Drive NOS AD1865/62,PCM1704/02/63,TDA1541 from FIFO: Universal I2S-PCM driver board - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th December 2012, 05:33 AM   #141
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

hmm, well I kinda like solar Jfets myself =) and i'm pretty happy with ESS, but I would have definitely jumped on this GB to play with a new high bandwidth DSD capable multibit chip. unfortunately as a group us audiophiles dont really have that much buying power vs the unwashed, but the day is coming where short-run component Fabs will become a reality even for us. It will be expensive and time consuming, but probably not much more-so than scouring the planet for EOL silicone

but of course I can see your POV there
Old 26th December 2012, 06:04 PM   #142
diyAudio Member

Default Iím calling experienced volunteer DIYer to evaluate the daughter board on PCM1704

Since Vzs has already evaluated the daughter board on AD1865 with success, it seems we can confirm now it works well with AD1865. Thanks Vzs for your great job contributed to the community.

Now I’m calling another experienced DIYer for a quick evaluate on PCM1704. In this case, the volunteer should have a PCM1704 DAC to hoop up to. It would be better having FIFO KIT working together because the well done interface and matching connectors, but it’s not a must. I thank you for your contribution to the community in advance. I’ll make another finished and tested daughter board for evaluation for free (I contribute to the community too.)

I already have some PCBs. But I don’t want providing them without fully verification and evaluation.

Another question is what kind of kIT I should provide, KIT with bare PCB or finished and tested board. If I provide KIT with bare PCB, I’m sure many of you will be OK with it, but others may have big problem to solder the SMT parts and to test the board, and I have to provide supports for very basic assemble problem which usually very hard to locate and fix over internet. But If I provide the finished board, I have to go through the SMTA factory that will increase the cost by $10 to $20 on each board according to the quantity. Please let me know your point.

Happy New Year!

Ian
Old 26th December 2012, 06:10 PM   #143
diyAudio Member

I'm offering to evaluate pcm1704.

Last edited by merlin el mago; 26th December 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 26th December 2012, 06:13 PM   #144
clivem is offline clivem  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
In this case, the volunteer should have a PCM1704 DAC to hoop up to. It would be better having FIFO KIT working together because the well done interface and matching connectors, but itís not a must.
I think Regal might be the man for this, seen as he is so vocal about 1704 NOS.

I've been waiting for the board to be confirmed as working with 1704 and then I'll add myself to the list of interested.
I have 8x 1704K and intend to build a DAC with them, but I do not already have the FIFO. But if noone else steps up to the plate it is the motivation I need to get it done.

With regard to kit/finished. I'd rather finished and tested for the sake of $20.
Old 26th December 2012, 06:17 PM   #145
diyAudio Member

I don't have the FIFO, so if other person is more qualified I left my offer to evaluate.

I have USB-I2S: Xmos by Lorien & Combo384 by Amanero.

Last edited by merlin el mago; 26th December 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 26th December 2012, 06:19 PM   #146
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem View Post

With regard to kit/finished. I'd rather finished and tested for the sake of $20.
Yes, another vote for a finished board.
Old 27th December 2012, 12:02 AM   #147
casshan is offline casshan  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Recently I have re-built my own PCM1704 DAC and want to try NOS! But I do not have FIFO KIT...
I vote for finished board because it is too complicated for me to assemble and test the board.
Old 27th December 2012, 06:09 AM   #148
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yeah Regal would seem a good choice to me also, he seems to have been spending too much time in simulators lately for my liking
Old 27th December 2012, 06:58 AM   #149
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
yeah Regal would seem a good choice to me also, he seems to have been spending too much time in simulators lately for my liking
Yes but unfortunately my time off from work is about to end. Will have to let someone else pioneer this one, about to be on one of those 24/7 projects starting next week, can't wait
Old 27th December 2012, 08:43 AM   #150
bisesik is offline bisesik  Kazakhstan
diyAudio Member

Ian, any experience with TDA154x (1541)?

Hide this!Advertise here!