DCX2496 Problem: no "SUM" output to subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any help would be most appreciated to solve this problem.

Software Version 1.17.

Problem: no "SUM" output to subwoofer in the Stereo Two-Way Operation Plus Subwoofer configuration.

I have the crossover exactly configured as in figure 6.2: stereo two-way operation plus subwoofer as on page 23 of the users manual.

Input signal: Digital.

Though in this configuration the SUM of the bass frequencies in A + B should go to output 5, I find that in output 5, if I select SUM I don't get any bass frequencies at all. If I select B, I get the bass from channel B only.

I think this must be a software fault as in my users manual on page 23, the Routing shows the bass signals from A and B going into a SUM box and the output from this box going to output 5, but on my crossover the Routing shows only the bass frequencies from channel B going to output 5. So to me it seems impossible to get the SUM mix of A + B because the software won't allow it.
Has anybody else got this problem? Or have you got this figuration working properly.

I have already tried a factory reset but though the reset worked properly it did not fix the problem.

Problem solved.

In the end it was very easy to resolve this problem by downloading the remote control software from Behringer which allows one to adjust all the parameters and is very easy to use.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
What's wrong with the DACs? They are far and away not the weak point which is why people have been concentrating on the things which are. #1 is the output analog electronics. #2 is the input analog electronics. #3 is the digital receiver. #4 is the clock.

Take care of 1 and 2 and you're 99% of the way there.

That's my priority list as well... plus PS noise reduction. -RNM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.