Hifimediy ES9023+TE7022 24/96 USB Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wondered since the last post is from 2014 and I just ordered one if this is still the current thread to discuss this or are there newer posts?

Was looking for some mods to improve what seems to be good quality for a great price by spending another $10 on caps/regulators.

There are newer/later/better ESS DACs now that are pretty cheap. That said, a ES9023, USB-isolated, can be very good for my old ears. Sure, I made one with my own -3.3V shoved in, regulators for the clock I added, and anything else. Caps and caps bypassing those, if you get what I mean? My last one had a 9V battery for the -3.3V or whatever, and I kept forgetting to un-plug the -9V later, but that is a very nice DAC yet. I meant to shove the DAc audio through tubed cathode-followers but didn't get to it yet. MOSFET follower would be interesting too. If you do not USB isolate, you can filter the USB power better, or, make your own, ghetto-style I bet.

I must have 100+ of those ES9023 ICs stashed away new. Also Micrel regulators. Have not looked in a while. I usually ship internationally via ebay, costly but easy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.