Replacement for Marantz CD-94 Remote Controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a remote controller for my beloved Marantz CD-94. I know and tried that the Philips CD960 RC is compatible. Is there any way to use an universal RC by entering some magic code, without having the original? Is there any compatible RC (Marantz, Philips or any other)? Any Chinese aftermarket replacement? Owners seldom sell the RC separately, just together with the player, so there is little chance to get one. Any ideas welcome.

CD 94 remote

You could try looking on eBay for one of the Logitech Harmony remotes these can be programmed to operate just about any device. I have just done my Logitech 525 to work with a Cambridge Audio DAB tuner. Logitech have over 250,000 devices now on their database so I would be surprised if you can't program one for your CD 94.

Last edited:
I have programmed my old Logitech 525 remote for the CD-94 I have and all works.Stop, start, skip back and forwards pause etc also I can select a track number on the keypad and press play and off it goes to that track...
Hope this helps.
Hi Fraser,
Thank you for trying it out, really helpful. I will get one. The extra benefit is I will be able to control all other stuff around. Ideal would be the airco too...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.