E-mu 0404 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At least, I think it is. I've had my external 0404 for a number of years and it has worked fine until recently. I use it with a Behringer ECM8000 and TrueRTA. I set it up the other day and it all seemed normal - all the lights lit up including the 48V phantom power light. When I went to look at a reading on TrueRTA I got nothing. I lightly tapped the mic and still nothing. I tapped just a little harder and saw the trace rise up from dead bottom and then settle back down.

Thinking the mic had died, or the cable had maybe developed an open, I plugged the mic into my Fender guitar amp with the original cable and another one. In both cases the mic worked properly with the Fender.

I checked TrueRTA to make sure it was still set to use the E-mu as the input device (it was). Win XP showed the E-mu as working properly installed in Device Manager. This laptop has had no changes to it since the last time this worked. I'm afraid my E-mu is borked but I'm not quite sure how to figure out what's worng. I have experience in troubleshooting things, but I could use some help for this one.

I used a phono to RCA adapter so I could connect one of the main out channels to one of my active speakers. Set the Direct Monitor to Main and Mono to On. Nothing. I made sure the output pot and the gain pots for both A and B inputs were maxed out. Tried both inputs with the mic. Nothing. The signal intensity ramp lights on either input weren't moving.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.