CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good?

Thank you. However, it do not work with external power supply either. This makes me very confused. I just cant figure out what thr problem is. It works without any problem at all with the externa power supply under Windows. I guess this means it is a MAC OSX problem. I have mostly used Windows over the years. Ironic. All my friends using Apple tells me everything works so easy with the MAC.

All my friends using Apple tells me everything works so easy with the MAC.

Yeah, IF all your hardware has that little fruit symbol on their cases... Anything else - not so easy anymore. I'm writing this on my macbook wich I frequently use alongside as my linux desktop machine. I even use windows sometimes but ONLY to play computer games nowadays. All OS:es have their goods and bads but the only system I actually like is linux (win XP was fantastic, and in a way still is but there is no future in that...).

Well, it was not my intention to start an Windows vs OSX discussion. I just would like to know why my CM6631A don´t work with my MAC mini. Apple did some changes to the audio-system with Lion and Mountain lion I think. Integer mode was not possible for example. Do the CM6631A work for you out there using Mountain Lion?

I can also mention, that to begin with everything worked great with Windows 7, but now there from time to time is a very bright, sharp distorted sound in the higher frequencies. It continues for about 10 to 15 seconds, then it disappear, but comes back after a while. I have tried WASPI and ASIO4ALL, but it makes no difference.

Last edited:
I can also mention, that to begin with everything worked great with Windows 7, but now there from time to time is a very bright, sharp distorted sound in the higher frequencies. It continues for about 10 to 15 seconds, then it disappear, but comes back after a while. I have tried WASPI and ASIO4ALL, but it makes no difference.

1. Use DPC Latency Checker to find out which driver is slowing down your Windows 7.

2. Increase buffers.

Tried DPC latency checker but it says there is no problem. And increasing the buffer didn´t help either. I wonder if it could be a hardware problem, ie if my CM6631A is broken. I wrote to HiFiWow, but no answer from them.

Try a different USB port, preferably one at the back of the PC, and USB 2.0 instead of 3.0. Also try another, preferably shorter, shielded USB cable with a magnet ring. Make sure all non-essential tasks are closed, leaving foobar as the only program running. Also disable anti-virus.

6631 optical output

Hi, I have a board which has it's own 12 volt supply, but seems to need the sub connected.

I have tried the device with windows 7 and it works, but only if the device is plugged in before booting.

On my linux machine the optical port flashes a couple of times but then goes out.

Sometimes it starts OK with the usb connected to a powered usb hub, but when I disconnect the hub the optical output stops.

Does anyone have any ideas, such as a USB2 y cable?
Cheers,

Mike.

Hello everyone , i have the same board like the one at Post #12 .With the original FW the RCA and I2s output works but in I2s i hear only the left side in all resulutions. I tried the circuit from post #6 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/100959-left-justified-i2s-philips-i2s-converter.html , i hear now on the left and right side with much noise ... My DAC use in original a PCM2706 with Philips I2s output . The DAC accept max 24Bit/174MHz . In 16Bit/44.1Mhz to 32Bit/192kHz is no change . Has anybody a idea ? I'm a little Rookey in electronics, but i can built everything ;-) Can anybody say me why the I2s output from the CM6631 is different like the one from the PCM2706 then i use the same resulution (16/44.1) ? Is I2s not the same? Thank you for a Little help and sorry for My BAD english :) Have a nice day :)

Hi
Does anyone want to try 384K support on CM6631A? I got a beta version of firmware can let CM6631A I2S support 384K output. It has tested on PCM5122 demo board and it work fine. This beta version of firmware vid/pid is 0x0d8c/0x0004. If anyone interest it and want to try it please PM me.

Hi luxury54:
Sorry for CM6631 do not have this capability to support 384k/352.8K. So we can't change firmware to support it. By the way if you want CM6631A to support 384k/352.8K you need use 45/49 pairs external clock.
Do you have CM6631 demo board? CM6631 have 3 I2S input interface. If you use standard firmware vid/pid 0x0d8c/0x0304 then you let it work. Or you can reference to ASUS thunderbolt to know how to use it. I suggest you use CM6631A to instead of CM6631. CM6631A it come to replace CM6631 its pin to pin compatible.

Hi, don't you happen to have the same firmware also for the non-A version ?
also I would like to ask, is there some workaround so that CM6631 can accept I2S input from an external ADC? (I saw the pins in the datasheet)
thanks

Hi
Does anyone want to try 384K support on CM6631A? I got a beta version of firmware can let CM6631A I2S support 384K output. It has tested on PCM5122 demo board and it work fine. This beta version of firmware vid/pid is 0x0d8c/0x0004. If anyone interest it and want to try it please PM me.

Does it require a special driver?
Btw, Asus just released their new Xonar STU using "A" version. Seems it still supports up to 192kHz.

what usb audio 2 driver ?

Hi all.

Got the CM6631 unit. Opened up case and it's the CM6631A. Works with the Emotiva XDA-2 drivers in Windows 8.

I tried it with the MacBook Pro running OS X 1.8.2 and it's recognized as standard USB Audio, not HD Audio - only up to 48kHz.

Any tips for this? I thought it was supposed to run in OS X plug-and-play?

Here's what the USB2 Audio FW Tool shows - VID 0D8C / PID 0314. I assume no firmware upgrade for this?

hi Archimago
got the CM6631A unit after reading ,late april,your very intereting blog ,
MEASUREMENTS: [UPDATE] Adaptive AUNE X1, Asynchronous "Breeze Audio" CM6631A USB, and Jitter...

I have no sound with a driver for a device called Emotiva XDA-2
I'm running Windows 7, my signal chain is: USB - Breeze box - Aune X1 MK2 Coax SPDIF input
Where can I found a custom driver for this unit runnig windows 7 ?
The seller didn't send driver
Thanks