CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good?

I just receive this little gem 4 hours ago, installed on my hackintosh, just plug & play no drivers needed, fully supports for Integer mode with Audirvana+, i'm using it with a 6 Volt SLA Battery, every bitrate works out of the box, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 196,without any problems, great sound!!!!! beats my M2Tech Evo, this converter is a great buy!!!!!!!!

Maybe it is my time to ask for help. I bought the same or very similar converter, and china seller told me to use ASUS driver.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CM6631-24bi...mplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item3ccb6103fe
Here are my tries:

Asus driver did not work, b/c PC asked for asus DAC and my 6631 wasn't recognized as one. Without driver using various attempts it sometimes plugged in as USB, other times as USB2 device, and it did not worked at all.

On the linux Ubuntu id was recognized as USB2 HD Audio device, but output was 24/48 for all sources (an I tried 24/48. 24/96 and 24/192), Noway to configure it.

The most strange results were with Mac (I tried 10.4 and 10.6). It was recognized as USB2 HD(HS?) Audio device, and worked when MIDI was set to 24/48. When I tried 24/96 and 24/192 output settings for USB Audio, it did not work, and (????) soft players stopped working, and would resume only after I unplug USB cable.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I have tried 3 different PC's, two operating systems (XP and Vista), three different USB cables, different ports on the same PC - all the same.
Plus, I don't have a specific 6631 driver (seller advised to use ASUS's), and my computer would not recognize it as "6631" or ASUS USB DAC.

Could it be a defective board, or corrupted firmware?

I just receive this little gem 4 hours ago, installed on my hackintosh, just plug & play no drivers needed, fully supports for Integer mode with Audirvana+, i'm using it with a 6 Volt SLA Battery, every bitrate works out of the box, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 196,without any problems, great sound!!!!! beats my M2Tech Evo, this converter is a great buy!!!!!!!!
Hello, can you please tell exactly how it sounds better than the M2Tech Evo? Thanks)) And what gear are you using? :)

Hi, any idea why it doesnt work with my PC ( WIN7) ? I tried variuous drivers...non of them were any good...Thanks

Just my recent experience with this converter: When I finally got a proper windows driver from my seller and tried to install it, it still did not work.
The trick was to use external power supply, and it has to be greater than 7.5V. (6V external did not work also). Only after that device started to work as described, good sound and support up to 192KHz from USB2.

Hi,

I bought this one :

24bit 192kHz USB to I2S / SPDIF PCB CM6631 with ultralow noise 6.5uV regulator | eBay

It use LP5900 regulator and NDK and KBS oscillators. I have Win7 and it works w/o any difficulties into AMB y2 DAC. It doesn't do 176 or 88. Sounds better than pcm270X and te7022l.

It'd be fairly easy to desolder the usb socket and feed in a clean power supply. The reg is 3.3V ldo 80mV and up to 5.5V.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to isolate the I2S output ? No chance to isolate a 480Mb/s usb I guess ?

cheers

Last edited: