CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good?

Good night folks, im using CM6631 nonA based USB to S/PDIF board (PID 0309 FW 2203). Module is powered with my external power supply (clean 5VDC, clean GND) with cutted VCC wire from usb cable. I have problem with GROUND, without GND (usb pin 4) connection between cmedia and laptop - device is not detected absolutely !!. I want use only DATA+ and DATA- connection, is it possible ? (someone on this forum tells me, that is posible - USB standard define this)

My clean external supply is hardwired to module usb B connector to pin 1 and 4 with pin 1 cutted.

Thank you

Hi All:
Cmedia is consider to release CM6631A/CM6632A firmware framework let DIY user can develop their own firmware. Does any one interest about this firmware framework?

At last !

I got some CM6632A chips and I was unable to do anything with them because of lack of documentation and drivers. Never got any response to my requests to CMedia which is why I wondered why they do chips in the first place !

This is why I was planning to get rid of these chips and use an other solution like XMos.

J.

Good night folks, im using CM6631 nonA based USB to S/PDIF board (PID 0309 FW 2203). Module is powered with my external power supply (clean 5VDC, clean GND) with cutted VCC wire from usb cable. I have problem with GROUND, without GND (usb pin 4) connection between cmedia and laptop - device is not detected absolutely !!. I want use only DATA+ and DATA- connection, is it possible ? (someone on this forum tells me, that is posible - USB standard define this)

My clean external supply is hardwired to module usb B connector to pin 1 and 4 with pin 1 cutted.

Thank you

very not likely, would you quote any reference for the claim?

I should can get firmware framework in middle of Nov. If there are no legal issue. I will share the firmware framework here.
And I also get message from CMedia PM. CMedia will support driver for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 thru Windows update. It's means you can plug and player with CMedia provide PID/VID. :)

Hi Kinsei:
I am not sure what you want. If you can get the firmware framework it should not difficult to change default format. By the way if you want change default format which choose by OSes. It depend on driver implement. In Windows you just need to change INF file, then you can change default format. Hope this is what you want.

hi tdsai

what i want to do is just to default to 48k i2s output mode during power on
hope it wont be too difficult

thanks tdtsai (pls forgive me that there is typo 'tdsai' in my last post)

pls let me make it more clear, as currently, i observed the sequence:
1. after just powering up the board and recognized by windows, there no i2s output
2. play some data with 48k sample rate, now there is i2s output (as expected)
3. stop the playback, there still i2s clock output with data always 0

i want to program the i2s as in sequence 3 directly on power up
i just checked "CMUACWO.inf" but seems no obvious way to do this...so i guess i better look forward for your framework!

Hi
Yes, if you want to init 48k output when device is active, you need to modify firmware and init output to 48k at device start time. It can not do in driver.

thanks tdtsai (pls forgive me that there is typo 'tdsai' in my last post)

pls let me make it more clear, as currently, i observed the sequence:
1. after just powering up the board and recognized by windows, there no i2s output
2. play some data with 48k sample rate, now there is i2s output (as expected)
3. stop the playback, there still i2s clock output with data always 0

i want to program the i2s as in sequence 3 directly on power up
i just checked "CMUACWO.inf" but seems no obvious way to do this...so i guess i better look forward for your framework!

Hi all,

There is a cm6631a based board at taobao with many extra available pins (spdif-in, adc-in, dac2-out, midi, etc.) are reserved to user. I wonder that are we need to flash a custom firmware or is a standard firmware sufficient to use these pins? I'm asking because it is going to be very interesting project to build an ADC board to feed this chip.

Click to go taobao link

151609r0j88wgko8vnomuf.jpg

Regards.

Last edited: