Schematic for Xiang Sheng Tube DAC Model "DAC-01A" wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Who can post the associated schematic?
From the supplier xshn@xshn.com I get follow reply:
Hi, I am really sorry to tell you that we do not have the schematic diagram of the DAC-01A. But if you need some help, I think our engineers could help you. Please understand. With Best Regards, Spencer
Obviously the PCB producer isn't the same as the supplier.
Where I can I additional ask?

Here some URLs:
Hefei XiangSheng Electronic Co.,Ltd - Display - Products - DAC-01A Vacuum Tube Digital-to-Analog Converter/headphone amp
DAC-09 or XiangSheng DAC-01A ? - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Troubleshooting Xiang Sheng Tube DAC-01A - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Info on XiangSheng DAC-01
Stammtisch für HiFi- und Musik-Freunde | Digitale Quellen | Xiang Sheng Tube DAC-01A

Attachments

• DAC-01A top view open.jpg
    DAC-01A top view open.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:
Probably the best delta sigma dac I ever heard. The tube really sorts things out. This dac kills everything else up to $1500, but only costs $200

I hope you find the schematic. This dac is a giant killer ( for the money)

Plus one Erin.

Swapping 6N3P and 5670 is fun, and throwing the stock wima output caps in the bin for *insert better cap here* gives good results. I'm running Obligato .22 uF. Cheap caps, nice sound. 6N3PE Reflector go well, 1950's along with 5670 Raytheon.

Did you use an oscilloscope to probe the output pins of the DAC chip?
It sounds like a dry solder joint.

May I respectfully advise that the correct word to use in the sentence above, would be dead, not death.

Eg, the channel is dead.
english isn't my native language - nevertheless best thanks for your advices.
I will check this as soon as I get this device for service.

Who can post a schematic diagram?

Who can post the associated schematic?
From the supplier xshn@xshn.com I get follow reply:
Hi, I am really sorry to tell you that we do not have the schematic diagram of the DAC-01A. But if you need some help, I think our engineers could help you. Please understand. With Best Regards, Spencer
Obviously the PCB producer isn't the same as the supplier.
Where I can I additional ask?

Here some URLs:
Hefei XiangSheng Electronic Co.,Ltd - Display - Products - DAC-01A Vacuum Tube Digital-to-Analog Converter/headphone amp
DAC-09 or XiangSheng DAC-01A ? - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Troubleshooting Xiang Sheng Tube DAC-01A - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Info on XiangSheng DAC-01
Stammtisch für HiFi- und Musik-Freunde | Digitale Quellen | Xiang Sheng Tube DAC-01A
no news??

Did you use an oscilloscope to probe the output pins of the DAC chip?
It sounds like a dry solder joint.

May I respectfully advise that the correct word to use in the sentence above, would be dead, not death.

Eg, the channel is dead.

Yes, this was the reason. After resolder all solder joints arround the CS8416 (receiver Chip) and CS4398 (DAC) the device works fine in all respects.

BTW - I AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE schematic:
cHINESE MAUFACTURERS DON#T LEAVE THEIR SCHEMATICS IN MOST CASES:
wHO KNOW THE ACTUALLY MANUFACTURER OF THE pcb ITSELF

Re: modding the DAC01A

Hi all,

First time poster here. I have an interesting problem with this DAC and I hough I'd hijack this thread instead of starting a new one.

First off, I should say I have no experience in diyaudio, so I apologize in advance for being unclear or misusing words.

So this DAC was recommended to me by a forum member as a DAC and preamp solution. Many might know that there are versions of this out here that are identical in design to the Grant Fidelity tubedac09 and that there are instructions on how to convert the volume pot so that it controls both the headphone amp as well as the various sources the DAC can accept. There are three different versions on the GF sight, complete with pictures and instructions on how to move the jumper cables to make this happen.

So I bought one off eBay only to find the innards completely different from the three versions on huge GF site. I'll post the pic here, but it seems to my ignorant eyes the same as what the OP showed above.

So...does anyone have any experience or idea how to mod this design? I emailed the manufacturer and I was told the mod is not possible.

Any help would be appreciated. I could always use it as a tube buffer and get a separate preamp, but I bought it in the first place as an economical solution to having both a tubedac and preamp.

Cheers, Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 605
Hi all,

First time poster here. I have an interesting problem with this DAC and I hough I'd hijack this thread instead of starting a new one.

First off, I should say I have no experience in diyaudio, so I apologize in advance for being unclear or misusing words.

So this DAC was recommended to me by a forum member as a DAC and preamp solution. Many might know that there are versions of this out here that are identical in design to the Grant Fidelity tubedac09 and that there are instructions on how to convert the volume pot so that it controls both the headphone amp as well as the various sources the DAC can accept. There are three different versions on the GF sight, complete with pictures and instructions on how to move the jumper cables to make this happen.

So I bought one off eBay only to find the innards completely different from the three versions on huge GF site. I'll post the pic here, but it seems to my ignorant eyes the same as what the OP showed above.

So...does anyone have any experience or idea how to mod this design? I emailed the manufacturer and I was told the mod is not possible.

Any help would be appreciated. I could always use it as a tube buffer and get a separate preamp, but I bought it in the first place as an economical solution to having both a tubedac and preamp.

Cheers, Chris

I have another question, what is that metal wire kind of thing on the Tube? my DAC does not have it... I bought used, from someone who fried the opamp.. may be it got removed. Any idea what it is? Sorry if my question is dumb..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.