Rockford 3sixty.2 help needed - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2012, 02:48 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rockford 3sixty.2 help needed

I have a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 that is part of the stereo system in my crazy custom coffee table... ya you heard it (two 10's, amps, car radio, battery, capacitor, and much more done proffesionally) .. However, during an experiment the battery was hooked up backwards (on purpose). Unaware that the 3sixty was still hooked up to the system, it got a little zap and now the 3sixty wont turn on. It worked great prior to this

All the fuses are ok, circuit boad is clean and visually undamaged/cracked/burned, and there is power on the board itself on the input terminals (no red lights or action though). holding the reset button and connecting the power wires together did nothing.

Rockford wants $130 flat rate to fix/replace it.

Does anyone know tips or tricks on how to fix or revive my 3sixty from this incident?

Last edited by indpntanarchy23; 2nd October 2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Language correction
Old 3rd January 2014, 03:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

After receiving a second broken 3sixty from a friend, I was able to compare the two and figure out the problem. Rockford uses a protection circuit that is basically a 0.0 ohm resistor that breaks when voltage gets applied in the wrong direction. I do not know what the technical name for this component is, but I switched the one from the working board and it fixed the problem. See figure "B" in the attached pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0742.jpg (356.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0739.jpg (301.7 KB, 15 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!