almost0001.jpg

almost0002.jpg

almost0003.jpg

almost0004.jpg

almost0005.jpg

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm guessing it does not... What are the benefits of asynchronous in the real world?

The benefit of an asynchronous connection arises when a downstream unit contains a better clock than upstream and the downstream units local timing reference is used rather than being obtained from the upstream unit (e.g. as in sp/dif). In a synchronous regime, the downstream unit acquires it's timing from the upstream unit and thus, is reliable of it's quality. If the downstream unit has a worse clock (higher jitter) than the upstream, an asynchronous solution has no merit.

"asynchronous" seem to have been hyped to the point where people has stopped thinking about what is going on.

/

Very, very fine job! Beautiful work. Can we see under the hood?

Thanks, took one crappy picture but why not :)
There is some missing cables and some minor things left soo......

almost0006.jpg

Indeed a great job, congrats for this build Bengt! The wait was long but worth it

I haven't actually listened to it yet but I'm not that worried ;)
The highpass is replacing a passive "Duelund 40uf vsf".
I needed that for dc blockage for the ribbon but my newly built
KR 300b xls amp is already dc secured so...No cap schould be better
than even a very good one or at least that's what I'm hoping for.
Just as good or at least very close would make me more then happy.
Mid and lowpass are replacing a "Lem dx24" that has worked pretty
good but has some gainstructure issues so I'm expecting a tuneup
in those areas.
I also have a tapped horn sub system that requires time delay for
mid and highs, I'm looking forward to finetuning this when it's up and running.

Astec DPT52 (external PSU)

Hi Nick,

thanks for the fast reply. I ordered the Astec DPT52 (external PSU). I will check all voltages with and without load before I connect to Najda...Uwe

Hi Uwe,
any experience already with the Astec DPT52 external PSU? The product sheet states high minimum current for 5V as well - is there no problem in your build? Thnks, Mike

Hi MBA,

my project is delayed. Too many things, too little time.

However, I tested the DPT52.
Without load the output voltage is not stable, the 5V output oscillates between 4.7V and 5V, the +12V between 10V and 12V, the -12V between -10V and -12V.
With recommended load the output voltages are stable.
With too much load the voltage oscillates between 0 and specified voltage. I guess the short circuit protection kicks in.

I did not measure overvoltage in any case. So the PSU should be safe for the board. However, I strongly recommend to use the right range of load (by adding a shunt resistor).

Uwe

Nick, how's it going with the expansion board progress?

I am very happy with the 8 channels I have but would love to get the tweeters under Najda control.

Hi Steve,

Sorry that it's taking so long - I'm currently contracting for other people (programming more audio stuff on a Sharc ;) ).

It's actually a coincidence that you're asking now because I've sent yesterday the files to the PCB plant in order to get a quote and a leadtime.

If more Najda users are interested in the expansion board, please let me know here on the forum or drop me an email. This is not a CG, it's just a way for me to estimate the number of units that I should order. It's too early to give you a price, but it's going to be for sure much cheaper than Najda as you would expect.

The expansion board will connect to Expansion Port 0 and will provide 2 more analogue outs with analogue volume and full firmware support - without any DSP load penalty as these 2 channels are already exist in the system (they are chans 9 and 10 in the GUI, available as SPDIF only for now).

Best,

Nick