DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 46 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2012, 12:03 AM   #451
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Yes the routing is totally free.

Your source is a stereo signal with Left and Right components, right?

The DSP generates on top Sum and Diff.

Any of the 4 (Left, Right, Sum, Diff) can be routed freely to any processing channel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 12:06 AM   #452
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
The expansion boards - are they just copper or something more?
The projected expansion board would consist in 6 channels of DACs with output filters and digital volume control.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 08:46 AM   #453
diyAudio Member
 
Speedysteve7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hants/Berkshire/Surrey
Cool,
I'll pob get one and then the expansion board, unless it years off and your solution sounds sooooooo good, I simple can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
Yes the routing is totally free.

Your source is a stereo signal with Left and Right components, right?

The DSP generates on top Sum and Diff.

Any of the 4 (Left, Right, Sum, Diff) can be routed freely to any processing channel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 09:02 AM   #454
TNT is online now TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
TNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
I have to ask... haven't seen a gain structure block schema.. Is this utilized/present and how and where in that case is it executed?

ESS dig vol: http://www.esstech.com/PDF/digital-v...me-control.pdf
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 11:46 AM   #455
diyAudio Member
 
Speedysteve7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hants/Berkshire/Surrey
Good point - gain structure can be important.
That's one reason why the 2494 DCX's usually sound so dire out of the box - they just don't work in Hifi applications with normal power amps.
That and the crappy output amps at whatever steroided volt output they have...

One other question.

does this one have auto time align - It's feature I love of the Behrigher DCX units. So easy - select it and it makes choo choo square wave noises in each of the drivers in sequence, with the mic in it's all over in seconds and as I measured it aligned my Tapped horns and bass horns perfectly, as well as all the other drivers in a jiffy!

Manual would do of course but takes time honing in 5 ways x 2, using Holmimpluse to measure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
I have to ask... haven't seen a gain structure block schema.. Is this utilized/present and how and where in that case is it executed?

ESS dig vol: http://www.esstech.com/PDF/digital-v...me-control.pdf
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 04:41 PM   #456
Ryssen is online now Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Ryssen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
Quote:
he projected expansion board would consist in 6 channels of DACs with output filters and digital volume control.
If you have your own DAC´s(Run on Spdif)could the digital volumecontrol be used for them?
__________________
Regards Åke
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 09:23 AM   #457
alugner is offline alugner  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ystad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysteve7 View Post
Good point - gain structure can be important.
That's one reason why the 2494 DCX's usually sound so dire out of the box - they just don't work in Hifi applications with normal power amps.
That and the crappy output amps at whatever steroided volt output they have...

One other question.

does this one have auto time align - It's feature I love of the Behrigher DCX units. So easy - select it and it makes choo choo square wave noises in each of the drivers in sequence, with the mic in it's all over in seconds and as I measured it aligned my Tapped horns and bass horns perfectly, as well as all the other drivers in a jiffy!

Manual would do of course but takes time honing in 5 ways x 2, using Holmimpluse to measure.
I think Your question has been up earlier, but regarding level/frequency response. I think the answer was negative. I agree it would be convenient. But the board would need an analog input and a calibrated microphone. (And lots of more programming.) Could You read the delays from the Behringer and enter then manually?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 10:51 AM   #458
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Hi Nick,

I'm interested in the board with the analogue level control.

Best regards,
Vitali
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 12:00 PM   #459
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Yettanother

Also registering interest for one board with analogue volume control.

Rgds,
Rob.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 05:14 PM   #460
diyAudio Member
 
Speedysteve7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hants/Berkshire/Surrey
Yes, I understand.
I can use Holimpulse to measure the delays needed and enter them manually of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alugner View Post
I think Your question has been up earlier, but regarding level/frequency response. I think the answer was negative. I agree it would be convenient. But the board would need an analog input and a calibrated microphone. (And lots of more programming.) Could You read the delays from the Behringer and enter then manually?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DSP Xover project chaparK Digital Line Level 141 3rd July 2011 11:16 AM
Help Please for simple active Xover project dcathro Analog Line Level 4 9th September 2010 06:47 AM
Violet DSP Evolution - an Open Baffle Project cuibono Multi-Way 211 18th May 2010 03:26 AM
Software digital DSP ... Xover/filters/EQ ?? JinMTVT Digital Source 2 8th October 2004 07:02 AM
DSP card & proper xover for heathkit 859A speaker cabinet x. onasis Multi-Way 6 22nd April 2003 08:39 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2