DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 233 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2014, 06:51 PM   #2321
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster77 View Post
But since Nick likes photos, I thought I could post the current status:
Power supplies in place, SE->BAL boards working, Arduino in place to switch between four spdif inputs (Twisted Pear Mux doing that) and display LED status.
True, I like pictures, thanks for posting

It's looking very good. Is it already operational?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebond View Post
Now another question - because "Settings" are not available in FIR engine, what to do with Analog Outs Configuration to increase max. output voltage from 1V to 3V?
Mike, the Settings sub-menu is not available when you're not connected. As soon as you connect, this menu becomes available in all modes.
The reason is that all these dialogues will need to update the board EEPROM. Obviously if your Najda is not connected, then that's not going to be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbu View Post
I've just have not managed to save the settings in the long term. When I reboot my pc NUC forgets the selected settings for analog out and bass/treble Settings.
Frank, when you turn off your Najda board, put it in StandBy. That's at this moment that the Najda will store these parameters in the EEPROM so that they're automatically recalled when you switch the board on again.
__________________
Najda DSP
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 07:50 PM   #2322
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
True, I like pictures, thanks for posting

It's looking very good. Is it already operational?
YES! Thanks to your good help! Donīt have anything decent to connect it to though, but itīs playing through an old compact system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 02:06 AM   #2323
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Default Remote trigger

I'd like to utilise the remote trigger from Najda to active power relay for amps, but am unsure of the connector type on the back panel. Can anyone advise how to connect to this?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 07:56 AM   #2324
Per is offline Per
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Herning, Denmark
A bit ot. but use ordinary 3.5mm jack, they fit with standard 12v trigger. But if you want powerconnectors, then maybe powercon from neutric?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 11:04 AM   #2325
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Barnez View Post
I'd like to utilise the remote trigger from Najda to active power relay for amps, but am unsure of the connector type on the back panel. Can anyone advise how to connect to this?
Najda's remote trigger is well suited for driving external relays. Please check the interface chip datasheet: FOD852S.

For details on the connector, please see this post.

Cheers

Nick
__________________
Najda DSP
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 11:08 AM   #2326
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
Mike, the Settings sub-menu is not available when you're not connected. As soon as you connect, this menu becomes available in all modes.
The reason is that all these dialogues will need to update the board EEPROM. Obviously if your Najda is not connected, then that's not going to be possible.
Well, I made my first FIR 2-way xover and I was able lo load it as a preset. But! I don't have any signals on the outputs! What's going on?
Attached Images
File Type: png fir1.png (56.6 KB, 225 views)
File Type: png fir2.png (69.0 KB, 226 views)
File Type: png fir3.png (89.1 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by mikebond; 11th August 2014 at 11:13 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 11:16 AM   #2327
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Mike,

You need to check the whole audio path.

The signals are first crossing the Input Processing section. What do you have here?
By default, there's no coefficient loaded at this level. No coef = open circuit (no sound).

If you want a pass-through, you need to load a '1' for each path being used (in your case I suppose that's going to be Left and Right). This is all extensively documented in the NUC manual.

Cheers

Nick
__________________
Najda DSP
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 11:40 AM   #2328
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
Mike,

You need to check the whole audio path.

The signals are first crossing the Input Processing section. What do you have here?
By default, there's no coefficient loaded at this level. No coef = open circuit (no sound).

If you want a pass-through, you need to load a '1' for each path being used (in your case I suppose that's going to be Left and Right). This is all extensively documented in the NUC manual.

Cheers

Nick
Hi Nick!
You're absolutely right! Sorry for my impatience I printed the Manual on the printer and I'll note all the important points with a red marker. Nevertheless, while I can not promise the absence of such a stupid questions in the future I'm starting to slowly fall in love with Najda Even without MUTE button.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 08:26 PM   #2329
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per View Post
A bit ot. but use ordinary 3.5mm jack, they fit with standard 12v trigger. But if you want powerconnectors, then maybe powercon from neutric?
Doesn't look like a 3.5mm jack would fit in the remote trigger socket on Najda, from the data sheet, seems to take bare solid core wire (1.5mm). I suppose a 3.5mm socket could be wired in place instead - which would be more elegant than bare wires.

I was looking at those Powercons the other day - any opinion on how they compare to IEC plug/socket? Would like to use for connecting high current amplifiers switched by contactor controlled by relay triggered from Najda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
Najda's remote trigger is well suited for driving external relays. Please check the interface chip datasheet:
Just to confirm my understanding- the relay control onboard Najda is just a switch, no voltage is supplied from the remote trigger socket. So suitable power source needs to be routed through Najda's remote trigger in order to drive a relay yes?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 08:02 AM   #2330
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebond View Post
Hi Nick!
You're absolutely right! Sorry for my impatience I printed the Manual on the printer and I'll note all the important points with a red marker. Nevertheless, while I can not promise the absence of such a stupid questions in the future I'm starting to slowly fall in love with Najda Even without MUTE button.
No worries

Re. the mute button, we need to solve this. Have you checked the pin at the chip level (see my previous post on this topic)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Barnez View Post
Just to confirm my understanding- the relay control onboard Najda is just a switch, no voltage is supplied from the remote trigger socket. So suitable power source needs to be routed through Najda's remote trigger in order to drive a relay yes?
Correct, that's an isolated switch.
__________________
Najda DSP
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DSP Xover project chaparK Digital Line Level 141 3rd July 2011 11:16 AM
Help Please for simple active Xover project dcathro Analog Line Level 4 9th September 2010 06:47 AM
Violet DSP Evolution - an Open Baffle Project cuibono Multi-Way 211 18th May 2010 03:26 AM
Software digital DSP ... Xover/filters/EQ ?? JinMTVT Digital Source 2 8th October 2004 07:02 AM
DSP card & proper xover for heathkit 859A speaker cabinet x. onasis Multi-Way 6 22nd April 2003 08:39 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:04 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Đ1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2