DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 164 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2013, 10:14 PM   #1631
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg View Post
The button is ok

Maybe I have missid it but, is there a list of what features you where
planning to add for the next SW release ?
What is missing for the next official release is the FIR/IIR mix. I'm also looking at some more enhancements of the GUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryssen View Post
Here`s another request:Is it possible to have separate input gain for coaxial - optical - Analog?
I connected a tuner to the analog and I have to lower the gain to -7,5db to avoid dist,
the satteleite on the optical is ok with 0db and at the coaxial I have to lower to 60% at the laptop so they are quite uneven.
There is probably something wrong about your approach to input gain. Normally, you should set the output level of your digital sources to 0 dB. This way you ensure that full resolution audio is feeding the DSP. Then you should set the analogue gain on your source such a way that the signal is near to full scale in the ADC. The clipping led will help you to set the appropriate gain.
If you proceed like this, then all you signals take profit of the full dynamic range and you don't need to set different gains on the DSP.
Old 14th November 2013, 01:21 PM   #1632
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Normally, you should set the output level of your digital sources to 0 dB. This way you ensure that full resolution audio is feeding the DSP. Then you should set the analogue gain on your source such a way that the signal is near to full scale in the ADC.
The 0db I am aware of,but the optical and the analog source dont have variable level only the laptop.
Old 14th November 2013, 02:27 PM   #1633
diyAudio Member

Ok I got a god compromise now the inputgain is lowered to -6db so that no one of the sourced clipps.The analog is a little louder then the others.Maybe I´ll do a box with a pot
on the cable to the tuner later..
Old 14th November 2013, 08:17 PM   #1634
diyAudio Member

Uhmmpf...What does it mean when the LED for the output processing clip lights up sommetimes,It does so even if I turn the inputgain down to -24db.
Old 14th November 2013, 09:54 PM   #1635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryssen View Post
Uhmmpf...What does it mean when the LED for the output processing clip lights up sommetimes,It does so even if I turn the inputgain down to -24db.
Hej Åke.
Have you tried turning of the "bass/treble" option ? Under settings.

Best regards. Bengt
Old 15th November 2013, 09:28 AM   #1636
diyAudio Member

Yes, the bass/treble is off.Wondering if it has sommething to do with the post gain (and pre gain)?How they are in relation to each other.
Old 15th November 2013, 07:05 PM   #1637
diyAudio Member

chaparK, i've sent you an order for Najda DSP (through your site), did you received it?
Because no reply.

thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 01:45 AM   #1638
smf is offline smf  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Here's a photo of my Najda. I've now got the hard work of sorting out the filters, but I'm really pleased so far. Thank you so much! (NB: I used the Meanwell 35B power supply - it seems to work well. The 'buttons' are all spring return switches - the up/down and left/right being two way. I've yet to do the IR. The LED is from eb@y - despite the fact that I live in HK, sourcing that was painful!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (536.3 KB, 214 views)
Old 16th November 2013, 08:41 AM   #1639
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

The Najda is now playing music through my "big" DIY speakers (Seas T25CF002, prop 6.5" mids and prop 12" woofers) with my three channel LM4780 amps. If it works out I'll build another amp that will be 6 channels in one.

For some reason the IR receiver is not working but I'm sure that's my fault so I'll fixa that later. First I want to adjust the Najda for a rough initial setup. So far I'm just testing with woofers crossed at LR24-80Hz, mids at LR24-80Hz/2500 Hz and highs at LR24-2500 Hz. Sounds pretty good so far.

Excellent stuff Nick!
Attached Images
File Type: png NajdaSourceAndControl.png (528.1 KB, 202 views)
File Type: png NajdaSpeakers1.png (422.4 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg NajdaSpeakersAndAmp.jpg (59.8 KB, 182 views)
Old 16th November 2013, 12:04 PM   #1640
diyAudio Member

Nice to hear that your getting the builds to work.

But one problem here is that the clip warnings don`t turn on instead I get a cracking sound if the digital level seems to high,don`t how yours Nadja does?

Hide this!Advertise here!