DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 146 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th August 2013, 08:13 AM   #1451
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Yes we can do that, not a problem at all. With the next release.

Nick
Old 30th August 2013, 11:34 AM   #1452
diyAudio Member

Exellent
Another small thing. When saving a preset you have to rename it even if you just altered the one you are presently using. My idea is that when you chose a preset location the present filename would come up in the rename field by default. It's not a big thing to rewrite the filename but I'm guessing that it wouldn't be that hard to make it work that way.

Sounds great by the way
Old 30th August 2013, 11:39 AM   #1453
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg View Post
Exellent
Another small thing. When saving a preset you have to rename it even if you just altered the one you are presently using. My idea is that when you chose a preset location the present filename would come up in the rename field by default. It's not a big thing to rewrite the filename but I'm guessing that it wouldn't be that hard to make it work that way.

Sounds great by the way
Yes, that would be a boon!
Old 30th August 2013, 08:51 PM   #1454
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg View Post
Exellent

Sounds great by the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_should_coco View Post
Yes, that would be a boon!
Alright, Coco understands what's about the filename - but I don't...

If you open an existing preset file and make changes, then you can save it immediately with the command File -> Save (or the usual shortcut Ctrl+S).

If you want to save it under another name, use the command File -> Save As, and the original filename should be here in the edit box (just checked on my laptop).

Can you give me a step by step procedure where the filename does not show up?

Thanks

Nick
Old 30th August 2013, 11:12 PM   #1455
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Nick, I believe you are confusing "preset" with "setup". Whilst the setup exists as an operating system file, the presets only exist inside of Najda/NUC where no "save as" is available.
Old 31st August 2013, 06:46 AM   #1456
diyAudio Member

Ooops! Now it makes sense, thanks Shaun! OK, no problem, that preset naming feature will be included with the next FW.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:53 AM   #1457
diyAudio Member

Yep, just pre-populating the preset name with what's in there already when selecting one.

Saves typing it again!

Thanks. :-)
Old 8th September 2013, 12:31 PM   #1458
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Crossblade Send a message via AIM to Crossblade Send a message via MSN to Crossblade Send a message via Yahoo to Crossblade
Hey all!

Let's start with : Thanks Nick! Great project with great features at great price.

Here is my Najda in a DIY enclosure, powered by DIY linear power supply (all of these made for me, by my friends).

outside:
Click the image to open in full size.

inside:

Some details have to be finalized, like cabling and attaching of the front panel, etc... but it is working, and it is working good! I still have to try more different setups to finely tune my system for best results.

Nanko
Old 8th September 2013, 06:41 PM   #1459
diyAudio Member

Hello Nanko,

Very nice build, thanks for posting the pics! I really have to start a gallery on my website with the great realizations I've seen here. (you guys are great!! ).

What's the cut on the left of the front panel? Is that the IR sensor? (hm looking again that seems to be for the leds).

I'm a bit late with the delivery of the new software/firmware/hardware features. Sorry about that, I'm still contracting and we have here tight deadlines. It's going to be quieter soon and then I'll come back to developments on Najda.

Cheers,

Nick
Old 8th September 2013, 06:53 PM   #1460
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Crossblade Send a message via AIM to Crossblade Send a message via MSN to Crossblade Send a message via Yahoo to Crossblade
Nick,

The cut is the Infrared sensor. I may add some "glass" to cover the hole but it is as is at the moment :/ The rest is the 8 buttons and the display. I have a small hole between the first button and the 5-way pad for a small LED.... I didn't include the system LEDs in the final front panel - don't really think I need them in a Hi-Fi unit, but had them in my hand-made-eco-friendly one - including the pic just for fun it also shows the hand-made keyboard - not the prettiest thing, but does the job

If I decide I need the LEDs more often, I may add a connector on the back, and have them as a separate indicator outside the box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1235517_10151780352106112_488053009_n.jpg (39.5 KB, 119 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!