DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 140 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2013, 08:52 AM   #1391
SAC is offline SAC  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Copper and wood must give great damping characteristics. I like the socket panels recessed in the wood. Form and function beautifully done!
Old 11th July 2013, 09:11 PM   #1392
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC View Post
I like the socket panels recessed in the wood. Form and function beautifully done!
Great handles as well
Old 12th July 2013, 04:44 PM   #1393
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg View Post
There is some missing cables and some minor things left soo......

Lovely build.

Can't see any power supply in there. Presumably you will have a separate chassis for the monstrous power supply required to feed this beast.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:33 PM   #1394
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Barnez View Post
Lovely build.

Can't see any power supply in there. Presumably you will have a separate chassis for the monstrous power supply required to feed this beast.
Yepp
Old 14th July 2013, 04:02 PM   #1395
MBA is offline MBA  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Default Astec DPT52 (external PSU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterfalter View Post
Hi Nick,

thanks for the fast reply. I ordered the Astec DPT52 (external PSU). I will check all voltages with and without load before I connect to Najda...Uwe
Hi Uwe,
any experience already with the Astec DPT52 external PSU? The product sheet states high minimum current for 5V as well - is there no problem in your build? Thnks, Mike
Old 15th July 2013, 08:51 PM   #1396
diyAudio Member

Hi MBA,

my project is delayed. Too many things, too little time.

However, I tested the DPT52.
Without load the output voltage is not stable, the 5V output oscillates between 4.7V and 5V, the +12V between 10V and 12V, the -12V between -10V and -12V.
With recommended load the output voltages are stable.
With too much load the voltage oscillates between 0 and specified voltage. I guess the short circuit protection kicks in.

I did not measure overvoltage in any case. So the PSU should be safe for the board. However, I strongly recommend to use the right range of load (by adding a shunt resistor).

Uwe
Old 16th July 2013, 10:24 PM   #1397
MBA is offline MBA  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterfalter View Post
I did not measure overvoltage in any case. So the PSU should be safe for the board. However, I strongly recommend to use the right range of load (by adding a shunt resistor). Uwe
Good news - thanks! Looks like reasonable compromise between loading shunt, Najda function and power efficiency can be checked without undesirable blue smoke...;-)
Old 22nd July 2013, 04:08 PM   #1398
diyAudio Member

Default Expansion board

Nick, how's it going with the expansion board progress?

I am very happy with the 8 channels I have but would love to get the tweeters under Najda control.
Old 22nd July 2013, 07:56 PM   #1399
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysteve7 View Post
Nick, how's it going with the expansion board progress?

I am very happy with the 8 channels I have but would love to get the tweeters under Najda control.
Hi Steve,

Sorry that it's taking so long - I'm currently contracting for other people (programming more audio stuff on a Sharc ).

It's actually a coincidence that you're asking now because I've sent yesterday the files to the PCB plant in order to get a quote and a leadtime.

If more Najda users are interested in the expansion board, please let me know here on the forum or drop me an email. This is not a CG, it's just a way for me to estimate the number of units that I should order. It's too early to give you a price, but it's going to be for sure much cheaper than Najda as you would expect.

The expansion board will connect to Expansion Port 0 and will provide 2 more analogue outs with analogue volume and full firmware support - without any DSP load penalty as these 2 channels are already exist in the system (they are chans 9 and 10 in the GUI, available as SPDIF only for now).

Best,

Nick
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:16 PM   #1400
diyAudio Member

Im in, any idea on the size of the PCB?

Hide this!Advertise here!