DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 103 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2013, 06:01 PM   #1021
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC View Post
There is an Oled screen on the resource list thread I posted about a page back. Was used in a build.
Tried to get it to work today but didn't work....

Nick, any chance of adding a tick box for OLED display? Details are here and apparently the differences are very minor:
OLED code

/K
Old 29th April 2013, 07:12 PM   #1022
JLOP is offline JLOP  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Nick

As you know we are preparing a little GB in France at Melaudia Forum and would like to create a professional looking case, possibly with engraved front side and professionally cut openings front and rear, in a 19" rack.

- Would a 1U unit heigth be enough for main board plus expansion board ?
- Could you publish a drawing of the rear panel with dimensions, so that we can integrate it in the panel design SW ?
- Could you publish side drawings of the board with the components size (eg in case some want to replace output caps)

Merci
Jean-Louis
Old 29th April 2013, 08:18 PM   #1023
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLOP View Post
Hi Nick

- Could you publish a drawing of the rear panel with dimensions, so that we can integrate it in the panel design SW ?
It is already available from the website:

http://www.waf-audio.com/doc/Najda/N...Appendix_C.pdf
Old 29th April 2013, 08:32 PM   #1024
JLOP is offline JLOP  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrSv View Post

Yeah, you are right, how did I miss it ?
Tks
Old 29th April 2013, 08:43 PM   #1025
Crumboo is offline Crumboo  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazam View Post

Nick, any chance of adding a tick box for OLED display? Details are here and apparently the differences are very minor:
OLED code

/K
+1

Yes please, it would be very nice to be able to use those OLEDs...
Old 29th April 2013, 08:50 PM   #1026
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal GUERIN View Post
Hi Crumboo,

Nice work I think i will do the same thing, put all the stuff on a piece of wood to check if everythink is OK !

Can you tell me which PSU you have used ?
Hi! I use the one from Mouser (mentioned earlier in this thread). Works good for now but I'll probably change to a linear PSU for the "real" build.
Old 29th April 2013, 08:55 PM   #1027
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumboo View Post
I'll probably change to a linear PSU for the "real" build.
Why?
Old 30th April 2013, 07:36 AM   #1028
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Why?
Well I've heard that switching PSU's could potentially be noisy. Maybe I'll try different alternatives and evaluate before deciding.
This PSU is very convenient tough, small and just to plug in.
Old 30th April 2013, 07:40 AM   #1029
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well I've heard that switching PSU's could potentially be noisy.
That is a popular piece of audiophile folklore - not always based on fact.

Quote:
Maybe I'll try different alternatives and evaluate before deciding
A good idea - a couple of ABX tests should quickly tell you if it makes any difference.
Old 30th April 2013, 08:42 AM   #1030
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Rearding the channel linking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg View Post
That would not work that well. Channel one and five are both left channels.

I would prefer:
pair one - ch 1 and ch 2 (subs)
pair two - ch 3 and ch 4 (midbass)
and so on.........
Quote:
It'd work just fine. Channel 5 is what you want it to be. Left, right, sum or diff.
Yes, as Urban pointed out, you can route any input to any channel. That's the 2nd topmost combobox on the right, or alternatively click on the source block (on the left) and use the arrow keys up/down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paalj View Post
yeah +1, but to get equal load on core 0 and 1 it is the best to have the other version (1-4 for one channel and 5-8 for the other). The load on my cores are exactly the same with this setup.
Yes, this is precisely why I proposed the linking ch1/5, ch2/6, ch3/7, ch4/8, ch9/10.
Indeed, ch1/2/3/4/9 are processed by core 0 and ch5/6/7/8/10 are processed by core 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcga View Post
About linking channels: why not doing that way:
"link to channel:" and box where you can select the channel you want to be linked
Thanks Jean-Claude, that's a very nice way of doing this. My only concern is where to locate this combo on screen, because the panel is already well populated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShade View Post
I'd just like to be able to play with the hardware, so as a minimum I'll need the basic drivers.
Is a schematics available, or at least a list of devices with addresses etc.?
There was a discussion some time ago on this topic, and I said I could make a template available to kick start those who want to load their own code.
However, there's additional hardware required in order to program the board. Indeed, you'll need a debugger for the micro, and a wiggler for the DSP.
Also, you'll need to install quite a few applications: programming environment + compiler for the micro, and an application for the DSP. The good thing is that most of these apps are free.

Quote:
I finally had some time to put things together

Click the image to open in full size.[/URL]

And it works... Unfortunately, I couldn't get my nice OLED display (which was left over for another project) to work. It has the exact pin-arrangement so I thought I would give it a try, but it was totally black and no sign of life at all. So I went down to the local store and bought a LCD display. For some reason however, there was no backlight at all so it's really hard to read. I checked the backlight supply pins and it seems to be in order (5V). Then I noticed that the maximum voltage for the background light was 4.5V according to the data sheet...so perhaps I killed it!?
Congrats for your very nice build!
Regarding backlight, have you checked that power lines are not reversed? Backlight on these LCDs is just a led, so you don't need to connect any other pin in order to check it: if you supply power then it should light on.

Quote:
I've been playing music using Airport Express as source (optical connection) during the day and I think it sounds very very good!
Thanks, very happy you like it

Quote:
However, I would really like to have a working OLED display so I just want to know if anyone has found a compatible one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazam View Post

OLED code

Quote:
+1

Yes please, it would be very nice to be able to use those OLEDs...
I'll get one of those OLED and give it a try. Are you all using the same model mentioned in this thread or the resource thread that SAC has put together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLOP View Post
- Would a 1U unit heigth be enough for main board plus expansion board ?
- Could you publish side drawings of the board with the components size (eg in case some want to replace output caps)
Quote:

Yup it's all there Otherwise I confirm the board will fit into a 1U chassis. Total height is less than 35 mm.

Hide this!Advertise here!