DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 102 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2013, 06:37 PM   #1011
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShade View Post
Is the firmware open source?
If not, is there a development tool chain that can be used for software download/debugging, do you provide any API?
No, firmware is not open source, for now at least.
Debugging ports are exposed on the board so it's theoretically possible to load your own code.
In practice, there are actually 3 firmwares: one for the micro-controller and one for each DSP core. Which firmware would you be specifically interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlberg View Post
For everything, seems silly having to make the same settings for both left and right channel in a symetrical setup .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaldes View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrSv View Post
+1. Linking channels as pairs would be nice so that when you alter any setting on say channel 1 it is reflected on channel 2 also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal GUERIN View Post
An alternative could be a button "Copy configuration to channel X" as it exist in another sofware DSP .
I've rarely seen such mutual agreement on a prospected feature, so I suppose I'll push this in However, content of the forthcoming release is locked so it will take a bit longer until this is made available.

That's cool because it gives us time to discuss the details.
We could link channels one by one so into pairs that any change made on one channel would also reflect on the other channel. This would impose following channel pairs:
- ch 1, ch 5
- ch 2, ch 6
- ch 3, ch 7
- ch 4, ch 8
- ch 9, ch 10

The other way to implement this is, as Pascal suggested, to copy settings from one channel to any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
For now, if you pay careful attention to the format of the file, you could edit the setup file and copy the configuration of the channel you desire to that of the target channel. I have done this successfully. Just be sure to maintain the correct labes and format.
Indeed, although I don't really recommend this because it's easy to make a mistake and end with an invalid file.
Old 28th April 2013, 06:51 PM   #1012
jcga is offline jcga  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Nicolas,
About linking channels: why not doing that way:
"link to channel:" and box where you can select the channel you want to be linked

Yes, I know I'm asking a lot... sorry
Jean Claude
Old 28th April 2013, 07:25 PM   #1013
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
No, firmware is not open source, for now at least.
Debugging ports are exposed on the board so it's theoretically possible to load your own code.
In practice, there are actually 3 firmwares: one for the micro-controller and one for each DSP core. Which firmware would you be specifically interested in?
I'd just like to be able to play with the hardware, so as a minimum I'll need the basic drivers.
Is a schematics available, or at least a list of devices with addresses etc.?
Old 28th April 2013, 08:12 PM   #1014
Crumboo is offline Crumboo  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I finally had some time to put things together

Click the image to open in full size.[/URL]

And it works... Unfortunately, I couldn't get my nice OLED display (which was left over for another project) to work. It has the exact pin-arrangement so I thought I would give it a try, but it was totally black and no sign of life at all. So I went down to the local store and bought a LCD display. For some reason however, there was no backlight at all so it's really hard to read. I checked the backlight supply pins and it seems to be in order (5V). Then I noticed that the maximum voltage for the background light was 4.5V according to the data sheet...so perhaps I killed it!?

I've been playing music using Airport Express as source (optical connection) during the day and I think it sounds very very good!

However, I would really like to have a working OLED display so I just want to know if anyone has found a compatible one?

Best regards,
Mattias
Old 28th April 2013, 09:26 PM   #1015
SAC is offline SAC  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

There is an Oled screen on the resource list thread I posted about a page back. Was used in a build.
Old 29th April 2013, 07:43 AM   #1016
diyAudio Member

Hi Crumboo,

Quote:
And it works...
Nice work I think i will do the same thing, put all the stuff on a piece of wood to check if everythink is OK !

Can you tell me which PSU you have used ?

Last edited by Pascal GUERIN; 29th April 2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:23 AM   #1017
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Not that I have anything new to report but I'd still like to say that I am thoroughly impressed by the speed at which new software is released. Excellent work and a huge Thank You to Nick and his associates.

Hopefully I'll receive som bits and bobs today
Old 29th April 2013, 03:11 PM   #1018
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We could link channels one by one so into pairs that any change made on one channel would also reflect on the other channel. This would impose following channel pairs:
- ch 1, ch 5
- ch 2, ch 6
- ch 3, ch 7
- ch 4, ch 8
- ch 9, ch 10
That would not work that well. Channel one and five are both left channels.

I would prefer:
pair one - ch 1 and ch 2 (subs)
pair two - ch 3 and ch 4 (midbass)
and so on.........
Old 29th April 2013, 03:57 PM   #1019
paalj is offline paalj  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I would prefer:
pair one - ch 1 and ch 2 (subs)
pair two - ch 3 and ch 4 (midbass)
and so on.........
yeah +1, but to get equal load on core 0 and 1 it is the best to have the other version (1-4 for one channel and 5-8 for the other). The load on my cores are exactly the same with this setup.

best,
Paal
Old 29th April 2013, 04:03 PM   #1020
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It'd work just fine. Channel 5 is what you want it to be. Left, right, sum or diff.

Hide this!Advertise here!