DSP Xover project (part 2)

Nick, would it be possible to upload Najda's current configuration to the Najda Under Control software (reverse of how it normally works)? I'm considering a case for recovering the configuration where the setup file has gotten lost or corrupted. This is likely a few years down the line.

Nick, if it is not a problem to implement this feature, I think this could be sometimes very helpful. I am missing this option since I changed from my tweaked DCX2496 to Najda. But this is the only thing I am missing! In my system the Najda board outperforms the DCX by lengths! Very clear, airy, a much bigger stage and dephtness.:)

OK I put that on the wishlist. I'm not sure whether this is really feasible as this would require to store filtering parameters in the board memory.
The wishlist is growing so at some time we'll need to talk again and define priorities.

Very happy you like Najda's sound Siegfried - especially after having seen a pic of your setup ;)

I got an email from someone suggesting an interesting alternative to LCD displays. I think I'll get one of these to give it a try (along with an OLED) if they're OK to ship it to Europe.

I needed a back template with center marks so I made a cad drawing (.dxf).
It worked like a charm :)

http://www.dahlbergaudiodesign.se/najda_back.zip

najda_back.PNG

Nice. That might come in handy.

Did you adjust the numbers for the USB and relay connector? It seems the numbers are strange (I do apologize if I'm more blind than usual) in the layout document as it seems there is only 0.9 mm between them whereas the template shows more just like the board itself does.

Last edited:
I just checked the board and it is the relay connector that is a little out of Place as it seems the distance is approximately 197.5 mm or thereabouts rather than 201.6 mm.

I will go over the drawing again since there still seems to be some
inconsistencies, and update it when done . Probably tomorrow.

The backplate turned out quite nice anyway. Have made place for
buttons and display as well :)

Indeed as an absolute alternative there would be a nice IOS/Android app ? If feasible, that should go High on the wish list ( guess requires permanent USB / ethernet connexion)
Jean-Louis

Hi Jean-Louis,

Xav is currently working on the Linux build and we're close to releasing it. Next platform would normally be MacOS.
Later we could make more builds available - but I don't want to promise anything at this stage because I cannot estimate precisely how much work this is going to require.

Hi Nick
I bought a 3 unit lot of Noritake VFD from ebay. I will ship out one to you for free. It is an older model though. Let me know if you want one.
For all the work you are doing, it is the least I can do to say thanks
--raj

Hi Raj,

Thank you, that's really generous! Actually I've already contacted the people at Noritake so I should receive one or two units soon. (I say 'one or two' because they have a large model with 9 mm characters beside the regular 5 mm one, but I don't know if this model is already available).

I've also ended ordering a Apple remote, so if I get it soon enough I'll push the Apple protocol in the next release.

Nick, not sure if Its been covered but is there a rotary volume control option?

No, sorry Beau. The idea of push-buttons placed in a cross-pattern is that the up and down keys double as volume control keys.

I needed a back template with center marks so I made a cad drawing (.dxf).
It worked like a charm :)

http://www.dahlbergaudiodesign.se/najda_back.zip

Nice Bengt, thank you! ;) I'm pretty sure this is going to be useful (and maybe could go into the resource thread that SAC has started?).

I'm looking forward to seeing your build!

Nick, any input on the template for the back panel? Is the position correct in Appendix C for the relay connector?

I'll check that and I'll let you know.

I'm coming back briefly to another topic that we have discussed, which is OLED displays, and someone had posted this link.

So I had a closer look as I'm about to order one. However, this display is not HD44780 compatible, this is clearly stated in the link above.

As a consequence, to users prospecting display technologies with more contrast, I recommend not to get this one but rather look at the VFD offerings (U-models only from Noritake are HD44780 compatible but I haven't tried one yet).

Looking good Dahlberg!
Is that copper plated sheet metal?
Central divide is for shielding?

No it's all copper. There will be a third section as well containing the
analog outputs. Sheilding walls ? Maybe :cool: or maybe just to
make the thing more stable.

It's upside down on the first two pictures so the pcb's will be
hanging from the top.