• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 667
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 879
Last edited:
huh? 9023 has an opamp inside it...

I guess you dont mind opamps as long as you dont know it is there?

only current out dacs dont have opamps and even some of them do

besides the opamps on the board are just acting as a buffer, easy enough to replace with a simple discrete buffer/follower if you find opamps that objectionable, even though they probably are used in many things you like.

badly applied opamps sound bad, well applied opamps can sound excellent. I like discrete too, but thats as much about the fun of building discrete circuits.

Last edited:
this one - it is DAC and ADC in one IC

I confirm: CS42428, a nice little chip that includes a proper PLL for a low-jitter master clock. Congrats to tomtom ;)

I think I already mentioned the remaining chips:
- The DSP is the dual-core DSPB56725 (500 MMACS)
- The micro is the STM8S207

The default opamps are STM's LM833. They make a warm sound with this configuration, I like it a lot. You can always swap them with your preferred opamp as - a reminder - opamps are on sockets. Swapping takes 1 minute, no soldering required, so if you have a few opamps in your drawer, just go ahead.
I tried a bunch of different opamps and selected these ones based on the result, and on cost because more expensive opamps would have impacted the final price of the board - there's no mystery.

Now you know it all :) (Well the USB controller is a FT232R but i guess nobody cares about that one guy :wchair: )

Since i've noticed this topic today I must say for me this is very interesting.
I'm interested including analog volume control :)

Hope controling it will be intuitive enough for me since I'm not a programming wizzard ;)

Thanks for your feedback! We strive to keep the application user-familiar.

When will you have a demo (or maybe a fullversion) software for download ?
And when will it be available for customers, as soo as payment is done or will
it be free/shareware or.....?

As soon as I've the boards from the manufacturer and when the software is ready for release, it'll be available for download from the website. I'll keep you updated!

Godsend

ChaparK:
I happen to have spent eight years programming Moto 56Ks for a pro audio outfit -- and I was looking for a stereo 3 way crossover capable board, afraid I'd have to kluge something together. Perhaps we could discuss something like a digital volume control with dithering; this turns out to be much easier once you accept upsampling to twice the baseband frequency.

I have a few other ideas on the back burner. Let's talk.

Great :) , and this will be as a fullversion, open download or......?

Full version, free download ;)

ChaparK:
I happen to have spent eight years programming Moto 56Ks for a pro audio outfit -- and I was looking for a stereo 3 way crossover capable board, afraid I'd have to kluge something together. Perhaps we could discuss something like a digital volume control with dithering; this turns out to be much easier once you accept upsampling to twice the baseband frequency.

I have a few other ideas on the back burner. Let's talk.

Hi - the DSP firmware is so to say finished. Please PM with what you'd like to see happening.

Cheers,

Nick

I haven't read the whole thread (yet), but I'm very interested in a board with analogue volume control.
I've checked your (WAF) website but it seems the product isn't available yet. Is that correct?
(I'll continue reading trough the final 13 pages now ;) )

Hello Rho (aka 1,293 kg/m3? ;)),

Thanks for your interest.

That's correct, the product is not available yet. I'm still waiting for the boards to be delivered to me, it should happen one of these days. In the meantime we keep working hard of the software.

Coming soon, stay tuned!

Nick