DSP Xover project (part 2)

So the plan is not to have assembled any of the pin headers on Expansion Ports 0 and 1.
(Just as a reminder, Expansion 0 is for I2S output and Expansion 1 is for I2S input).
This way you can easily adapt your own wires/connectors - indeed, un-soldering a 28 position pin header is not something I would recommend unless you have the proper equipment.

Also, phono (RCA) connectors can be left unassembled on request - there were a couple of such a request in this thread. By default, all RCA connectors are assembled.

How does that sound?

Yep, that's it. As I need 5 way, running 2 units, each in mono mode gets me more than 5 outs per side, but only if there is a mono mode. Of course waiting for the expansion is more sensible and I'm guessing a fair bit cheaper?

Then there is the issue on not really being able to split the digital signal so one using is def best.

I am testing using 2 Behringer 2496's in mono mode like that at the moment, but input is only analogue.

I belive he's asking if there is a posibility to run it as a 8-channel mono version.
It's quite common among your usual "public adress" xo's.
I belive my old "Lem dx24" can do that.

Cool,
I'll pob get one and then the expansion board, unless it years off and your solution sounds sooooooo good, I simple can't wait;)

Yes the routing is totally free.

Your source is a stereo signal with Left and Right components, right?

The DSP generates on top Sum and Diff.

Any of the 4 (Left, Right, Sum, Diff) can be routed freely to any processing channel.

Good point - gain structure can be important.
That's one reason why the 2494 DCX's usually sound so dire out of the box - they just don't work in Hifi applications with normal power amps.
That and the crappy output amps at whatever steroided volt output they have...

One other question.

does this one have auto time align - It's feature I love of the Behrigher DCX units. So easy - select it and it makes choo choo square wave noises in each of the drivers in sequence, with the mic in it's all over in seconds and as I measured it aligned my Tapped horns and bass horns perfectly, as well as all the other drivers in a jiffy!

Manual would do of course but takes time honing in 5 ways x 2, using Holmimpluse to measure.

I have to ask... haven't seen a gain structure block schema.. Is this utilized/present and how and where in that case is it executed?

ESS dig vol: http://www.esstech.com/PDF/digital-vs-analog-volume-control.pdf

Good point - gain structure can be important.
That's one reason why the 2494 DCX's usually sound so dire out of the box - they just don't work in Hifi applications with normal power amps.
That and the crappy output amps at whatever steroided volt output they have...

One other question.

does this one have auto time align - It's feature I love of the Behrigher DCX units. So easy - select it and it makes choo choo square wave noises in each of the drivers in sequence, with the mic in it's all over in seconds and as I measured it aligned my Tapped horns and bass horns perfectly, as well as all the other drivers in a jiffy!

Manual would do of course but takes time honing in 5 ways x 2, using Holmimpluse to measure.
I think Your question has been up earlier, but regarding level/frequency response. I think the answer was negative. I agree it would be convenient. But the board would need an analog input and a calibrated microphone. (And lots of more programming.) Could You read the delays from the Behringer and enter then manually?

Yes, I understand.
I can use Holimpulse to measure the delays needed and enter them manually of course.

I think Your question has been up earlier, but regarding level/frequency response. I think the answer was negative. I agree it would be convenient. But the board would need an analog input and a calibrated microphone. (And lots of more programming.) Could You read the delays from the Behringer and enter then manually?