DSP Xover project (part 2)

Hi everybody,

I have question. maybe it was answered before so sorry about repeating.

I want to ask about functionality to start-up amps in presence of signal and turning off while silent. This is classic with active systems. I can make interface to my amps i just need "command"

Thank you very much. Also can signal wake up Najda from Standby? I mean digital signal. When no it is any problem with run Najda always ON? What is power consumption without signal ca. /i know it depends also on PS/?

Many many thanks and BIG thanks for rotary encoder implementation

I want to ask about functionality to start-up amps in presence of signal and turning off while silent.

I have a similar question. I see in the manual there is an external relay command "to connect and disconnect your speakers from your power amps". So when Najda is off, the circuit is broken, and thereafter closed (therefore amps on) when Najda is switched back on? My plan is to run this through the mute switches on my DIY amps.

Also, I have two separate amps so can I run two pairs of cable (left speaker amp, right speaker amp) from this connection?

It seems from the numerous requests and looking at member profiles that most of the people who need and/or want them walk here on earth rather than where you suggested. I for one like the idea very much even though I could've easily have been without it if other things had priority.

Hi everyone,
Can anyone suggest a good source for making back panels or full enclosures? So far I found Hifi2000 in Italy to be popular for other builds.

Would like to see what sellers Najda users have had success with please, what prices were charged, and any guidance on the ordering process. Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody,

I have question. maybe it was answered before so sorry about repeating.

I want to ask about functionality to start-up amps in presence of signal and turning off while silent. This is classic with active systems. I can make interface to my amps i just need "command"

Thank you very much. Also can signal wake up Najda from Standby? I mean digital signal. When no it is any problem with run Najda always ON? What is power consumption without signal ca. /i know it depends also on PS/?

Many many thanks and BIG thanks for rotary encoder implementation

No, there's no such a feature where Najda would wake up in presence of a signal and go back into Stand By when there's silence. This would not be easy to implement actually: the micro doesn't know anything about audio, and the DSPs are shut down in Stand By in order to reduce power consumption. So we could possibly imagine to turn off the system when there's silence - but the way around, i.e. wake up the system when there's signal, would definitely be more tricky.
It's not a problem though to keep Najda turned on all the time. Power consumption is well below 10W, I don't have the figures at hand now but I'll let you know.

I have a similar question. I see in the manual there is an external relay command "to connect and disconnect your speakers from your power amps". So when Najda is off, the circuit is broken, and thereafter closed (therefore amps on) when Najda is switched back on? My plan is to run this through the mute switches on my DIY amps.

Also, I have two separate amps so can I run two pairs of cable (left speaker amp, right speaker amp) from this connection?

This is different, because you're the one controlling whether your external device should be on or off - and not the audio signal as Tomtom was talking about. There's indeed an isolated port that's well suited for commanding a relay. Please see the post related to this topic on the previous page.

Encoder: Bourns ECW0D-B24-AE0024L
24 ppr, no detent, no switch, through hole mounting w/nut

Requires a debounce circuit as Nick specified.

http://www.bourns.com/data/global/pdfs/ECW1J.pdf

Knob: Apem 42004-1B1/4

Yup, this is the one that I have used myself. Works nice. No doubt that any other classic A/B encoder would be fine too though.

Who in the hell needs such a thing? I use a little Apple Remote, looks excellent and works excellent. Najda is 8m away from my listening place!:scratch1:

:)

Well, I'm smiling myself because it was not the plan initially to support a rotary encoder. It was actually harder to implement a proper volume control with switches than with the encoder. Indeed, with switches, you would want a continuous volume change while you keep the key depressed - and incremental change when you press the button repeatedly. This requires a bit of a firmware soup, meanwhile the encoder in this regard is more straightforward.

Anyway, the fact is that the community of users is growing, with diverse requests and expectations. What's important is actually the pleasure that you have operating a device the way you think it should be. So the encoder is now supported, but it doesn't change anything for users who wouldn't want one.

Thanks for the feedback on panels UrSv. Could you tell me the cost and how did you make the order? I just want a back panel done, but is it enough to send the Najda back plate template supplied on the website (with a back plate size suggested of course)?

I never dealt with Schaeffer. However, my understanding is that they supply a software that you must use for designing the panel. I've heard that the software will also estimate the cost of it.

Thanks for the feedback on panels UrSv. Could you tell me the cost and how did you make the order? I just want a back panel done, but is it enough to send the Najda back plate template supplied on the website (with a back plate size suggested of course)?

As chaparK already mentioned you dowload the software and use it to design your panels the way you want and then order through the program. You can see exactly what each panel will cost with or without your own material. In my case I think both panels were, in total, EUR 90 including shipping.

I Sac,

I've also worked with schaeffer-ag.de for front and back panel.
The sofware is easy to use and can estimate the cost of each panel.

For 1U back and front panel including more than 10 M3 holes in front panel, cost was around 100 €.

One trick, for the back panel you can print it and compare with Nick design printed on the SAME printer in order to check your design :)

If you're interrested in can send my back panel file.

Best regards

I'm looking for a USB to spdif converter. Any suggestions???? I would like it to be integrated to my najda so that I could feed it through USB.

I currently use a Squeezebox but it's beginning to fail on me and I'm looking for a plan B. and Foobar through a USB feed seem to best fit my needs.

Thank you,

Last edited: