DSP Xover project (part 2)

Hi Nick,

This morning I've just tested the card after cabling the LCD and the stanby button with Dupond cable.
I've double checked the PSU connection also ... and it worked :cool:

PS : I'm one of the Melaudia Team

Attachments

• IMG00021-20130928-1031.jpg
    IMG00021-20130928-1031.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
Hi Speedysteve7,

Nice pavillons :cool:

PCB of the LCD is 106x44 display char section is 94x20, see link of the datasheet,
the angle of the picture make it bigger LOL.

http://www.zyscom.pl/katalog/wc1602big.pdf

I've bought it on Ebay, search ZYSCOM LCD Display HD44780 2x16 chr 16x2 Blue STN White Backlight BIG 9mm char
Pin assignment is pin to pin the same than the Najda card :)

Last edited:
Additional multichannel volume control

Hi guys, Hi Nick. I am new to this forum and own NAJDA board. I know that most of you guys are into stereo, but there might be few of us who also like the multichannel audio (either for movies or music), and I am one of them. I am wondering if there would be more of us who would like to use NAJDA as multichannel volume control.
I mean by this to have possibility to connect additional 4-ch volume
control and some provision for more input switching. Currently I play stereo, but would like to use my BD player as another source of audio and use its analog 5.1 output, feed it through (or using) NAJDA to volume-control not only the front two channels but also the surrounds, center and sub. Of course, only the fronts would be DSP-processed by NAJDA. Any feedback welcome.

Hi guys, Hi Nick. I am new to this forum and own NAJDA board. I know that most of you guys are into stereo, but there might be few of us who also like the multichannel audio (either for movies or music), and I am one of them. I am wondering if there would be more of us who would like to use NAJDA as multichannel volume control.
I mean by this to have possibility to connect additional 4-ch volume
control and some provision for more input switching. Currently I play stereo, but would like to use my BD player as another source of audio and use its analog 5.1 output, feed it through (or using) NAJDA to volume-control not only the front two channels but also the surrounds, center and sub. Of course, only the fronts would be DSP-processed by NAJDA. Any feedback welcome.

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for posting this. Let's see what other users have to say about this, I'm already looking at what we could potentially do.

Hi Nick,

I have two requests for the engineering/software department.

1. Add an option to show the input EQ filter effects on the output graphs.

2. Add one additional high and low pass filter to each channel.

Best Regards

Hi Donald,

It's indeed time now to look at the future additions to the software and firmware.

I've just released V.1.0.0, it's basically identical to the previous version except that the manual file has been pushed into the application.

Also, I've pushed in a pair of requests that were easy to implement:
- the processing blocks display now the distance equivalent of delay values.
- The Preset Manager dialogue auto-fills the preset name field so you don't need to type anything if you just want to overwrite a preset and keep the same name.

Since the addition of the documentation, the software is 'feature complete' now. Also, I haven't heard of a bug for a while, so this version seems stable. This justifies the promotion of the software version number :cool:

I've started the list of enhancements to be included with the next revision. I'll post it here soon so that we can talk about it.

Best,

Nick

Cant`connect with WAF - Wroclaw Audio Force BAD GATEWAY..

Yes, this can happen once in a while. That's a hick-up at the hosting provider, I just checked now and the website is fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Nick, wahouh v1.0.0 super :cool:

Yup that's a milestone, isn't it? ;)

Alright, here's the list of upgrades that I have in my notes.

1. Allow enabling/disabling processing channels in order to save resources when the user needs less than 10 outputs.

2. Channel pairing/linking: what you change for one channel will also affect the paired channel.

3. New setup: FIR/IIR mix.

4. Allow renaming of sources (LCD).

5. Implement support for expansion board.

6. Decimation in FIR.

7. Support for external master clock.

8. Keyboard shortcuts for volume change when connected.

9. Include input response in output graph.

10. Check what's going on with Bass/Treble (clip led and phase)

That's a hell lot of work, so we need to prioritize tasks if we want to see a release soon (I want).

Discussion is open :)

Best,

Nick

1. Allow enabling/disabling processing channels in order to save resources when the user needs less than 10 outputs.

6. Decimation in FIR.

Nick

Hi Nick,
congratulations for Ver. 1.0.0 and the instruction manual.
If I would have to make the upgrade I would prioritize the items I have marked: 1-3-6 in that order of priority

2. Channel pairing/linking: what you change for one channel will also affect the paired channel.

6. Decimation in FIR.

Nick

Hi Nick, nice to see you available again,

here would be my wining combination :):

1. : and if possible not only reducing to 8 outputs but if possible from 4 out up to ten

Best
Jean Claude

6. Decimation in FIR.

That's a hell lot of work, so we need to prioritize tasks if we want to see a release soon (I want).

Discussion is open :)

Best,

Nick

Nick, please add these two items to your list (if it's not limited to 10!)

11. Disable normalization of imported data. (or user selectable)

12. Change remote control volume steps from 3 dB to 1 or 2. (or user selectable)

Priority: 2, 9, 11, 12

For me channel pairing would be good, as this would greatly speed up the set-up and tweaking process and imagine (although I have no idea) that it would be easy to tick off the list:

2. Channel pairing/linking - could you have radio buttons or drop downs to set preferred pairing? Or select an initial set-up type for auto linking e.g. 2-way stereo; 2-way stereo, mono sub; 3-way; 3-way plus mono sub; 4-way etc. This could tie in with disabling any unused outputs to save on processing (your point #1). And even better if outputs could then be automatically labelled on the screen too - e.g. Left High, Left Mid, Mono sub etc.... instead out output 1,2,3... Obviously it's important that you know what you're doing when configuring but this would make set up more user friendly. An initial set-up configuration would enable outputs to be configured to optimise balancing of core processing power - i.e. number of outputs could be evenly distributed to optimise processing distribution between cores?

4. Allow renaming of sources (LCD)

Then:

7. Support for external master clock

it would be nice to have the possibility to control external DAC (SABRE ? :) ) volume through i2c port

This would be good too, although not implemented external DACS yet, would have saved me purchasing an external controller.

Last edited:
NAJDA wishlist

Hi Nick,

I'd go for:
- Channel pairing/linking
- Allow enabling/disabling processing channels in order to save resources
- implementing volume control of external chip for up to 5.1 channels (2CH NAJDA, other external board)
- Allow renaming of sources (LCD)
- while having the driver data imported, to see immediate change in output graph without switching the tabs
- Implement support for expansion board
- extra analog input