DSP Xover project (part 2)

Now have the unit working after sending it back to jc. Having trouble with the unit display shows 311% and red. Seems to happen if I switch an amp on or off, maybe some kind of current spike. Any thoughts appreciated. I guess if I turn the amps on before Najda and off after Najda is turned off. But would be good to understand why that happens.
What I meant to say the dsp core 0 and 1 flash red and say 311%. Seems it works fine if I switch the amps on first and off last.

The Najda under Control software is a bit tricky with Windows 10 but a simple disconnect and re connect of the DSP should do it (using the shortcut Alt C twice).

Please note that the normal use of Najda DSP is not to be controlled by the PC via the USB port all the time.

Anyway if need I suggest the following procedure:
Najda On, Power amps On Najda USB port connected to the computer, Najda under control software started, setup loaded, Alt-C to connect the DSP to the software.

Hi Nick, do you happen to know the price of that Japanese case. If not I can ask them directly. Thanks.

No I really have no idea. You should get in touch with them directly.

Hi I have two questions for chapark.

1. When will the analog extension board be available?
2. Is there a new release in the horizon for NUC?

The parts for the expansion are ordered. The new batch will be here this spring.

We're currently working on a brand new application and testing a few things.
We moved the communication layer in a separate thread and we've tested various ways for undocking the graph view so that you can see the graphs while you change processing parameters.

It's going to last a while until that release is here. In the meantime I'll make available a beta based on the current framework for testing a few things that are not obvious (for example the external clock support).

Since there's no official documentation anywhere on the communication protocol I suppose we would have to apply some sort of a d2xx proxy or sniffer to extract the actual communication protocol between the board and the PC, and then emulate this same behavior under linux. If we knew the details of the protocol it shouldn't be to hard to write a restful gateway that does what the NUC application does (Assuming most of the low level logic happens in the onboard MCU and the mcu<->nuc protocol is somewhat reverse-engineerable), and then put a nice little web SPA on top of that.

I recall I had a quick chat with Nick about this a few years ago (Holy ****, it's been two years already!), but I understand (and respect) he was a bit hesitant to start documenting and supporting the protocol as-is. Potential can of worms etc.

I might be wrong but I don't really see the point of publishing the details of the protocol between the PC and the MUC. You could end with another application that emulates what NUC is doing, maybe on another platform.
But what's the true benefit?

On the other hand I intend to make it possible to control basic parameters (volume etc) through a 2-wire bus so that you could integrate the Najda in a larger system.

The Najda under Control software is a bit tricky with Windows 10 but a simple disconnect and re connect of the DSP should do it (using the shortcut Alt C twice).

If you're having weird things under Windows 10, you may want to try and update the USB drivers (Device manager -> Update drivers or visit the FTDI website and get the latest drivers for the FT232R).

Hi...
I have some question about remote option on Najda

I have connect two wires at remote relay

Like on picture
20160213_183859_zpskz1lxdmi.jpg

But when I power up I don't get "closed" or 0 resistance on multimeter betwin two end's
Have 0 resistance when mesure betwin contacts on PCB and wire end's...so the wire is properli inserted ?

Do I need to anable remote power on ?

No I really have no idea. You should get in touch with them directly.

The parts for the expansion are ordered. The new batch will be here this spring.

We're currently working on a brand new application and testing a few things.
We moved the communication layer in a separate thread and we've tested various ways for undocking the graph view so that you can see the graphs while you change processing parameters.

It's going to last a while until that release is here. In the meantime I'll make available a beta based on the current framework for testing a few things that are not obvious (for example the external clock support).
Thanks for the update on Expansion board.

About the software, please don't forget the curves import bug which crashed the program each time, it's very annoying:mad:

here is how I plan to connect remote on Najda
and what I measure
I have OL be twin A and B regardles if Najda is ON or OFF
as I understand I should have ''0 ohm'' reading be twin points A and B, when I power up Najda as it acts as a switch ?

20160214_094212_zps0acbjpb8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and the point on Najda PCBs, on the back of the connector

najda_zpsgrwvwp8e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: