Buffer board for Alien's USB DAC fits into Hammond 1455C8xx - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2012, 11:30 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Buffer board for Alien's USB DAC fits into Hammond 1455C8xx

Hi, all, I just want to present you a buffer output board for the Alien's USB DAC. The board is designed to place together with Alien's board to fit into a Hammond 1455C8xx enclosure.
And it's only a basic buffer circuit, since the Alien's already has enough output level for a low impendance ear phone. A buffer just gives enough output current and lower output impendance. It's helpful to me and hope it's useful to you as well, although the Alien's seems not quite popular.

I haven't bought myself a Hammond 1455C8xx case. I just put these 2 boards in the iPod Nano 5 case. It fits very well too. And the board is relatively small and not so expensive. So I don't want to distribute the board because it will cost much more for the courier fee than the cost of the board. I attached the circuit and gerber files here for you in case you are interested in it. Just use it freely. Hope you like it.

For the circuit, if you change nothing, it's for line out. If you would like to drive you ear phone, use NJM4556 instead of NE5532, and short R1, R2. That's it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AliensBuff.JPG (100.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg AliensBuff_PCB_Shot.jpg (122.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg AliensUSB+Buff.JPG (95.0 KB, 54 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AliensBuff_Sch.pdf (22.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: zip AliensBuffer_Gerber+Drill.zip (14.9 KB, 3 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!