spdif to rca - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2012, 07:17 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default spdif to rca

I have a audio source that outputs spdif +, - and ground. How can i convert this to RCA outputs.

Thanks.
Old 28th May 2012, 07:29 AM   #2
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

RCA spdif? just use + and ground
Old 28th May 2012, 08:49 AM   #3
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

According to Wikipedia S/PDIF is defined to be unbalanced 75 ohm. If your output is balanced then it isn't S/PDIF. It could be AES3, which can be balanced 110 ohm. Or it could be a private homegrown protocol loosely based on S/PDIF.
Old 28th May 2012, 12:30 PM   #4
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I realize that, but given the lack of info I just lumped them together. AES3 can also be BNC or XLR I guess we need more info from the OP and whether he just wants it to work, or get the best he can out of the connection
Old 31st May 2012, 06:25 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Here is some more info.. This audio source is a headunit that connects to an amp.. Im trying to upgrade amps.. I want to convert the SP DIF to RCA. volume up and down left right etc is controled by can bus, but im just going to add a manual volume control..

Pin 5, 6, 15 are the outputs

unit.gif

connect.gif

Pin No.Connector ADescriptionRemarks1 --2 --3 --4 --5SP DIF groundTo EXT AMP6SP DIF (+)To EXT AMP7ALTALT L8Illumination (+)Rheostat from vehicle (+)9R PositionR Signal10 --11 --12NAVI AMP (-)Used for voice recognition13NAVI AMP (+)Used for voice recognition14 -15SP DIF (-)To EXT AMP16DOORDoor unlock signal17Illumination (-)Rheostat from vehicle (-)18Remote antennaRemote supply for motorised antenna
Old 4th June 2012, 08:04 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Anyways I belive the output to be AES 110 So I guess I will need a reciver to convert this to I2s and then feed this to a DA.. Can anyone show me some pointers? Help I need more power..

Hide this!Advertise here!