Anyone have some info on the UltraAnalog DEMO 1 Board?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In addition to their well-regarded D20400 DAC module, UltraAnalog also made other A/D modules including an AFE20048 Analog Front End and D20C10 "Decimator". They also made a DEMO 1 board to mount these on - and "play with".

I came across the DEMO board and wish to continue "playing". Anyone out there have any info on these other chips or the DEMO board? I've tried searching the web but as others have mentioned; after being sold to Wadia, the company disappeared.

Thank You

Charles

Last edited:
Wadia produced an A/D studio unit at around the time they bought out Ultraanalog - have seen one on ebay a little while ago.

Dan Lavry designed the UltraAnalog stuff - his own company. He MAY be willing to help you out perhaps - he should be contactable via Lavry Engineering website and he also used the gearslutz.com forum sometimes as himself.

Interesting bits it sounds like you have. I imagine Chesky Studios would have some very interesting kit, some bespoke/experiemental in the quest for sound quality. Probably a great sounding A/D for recording if now a little limited in format.

Chesky's A/D sucks - introduces noise modulation. I didn't notice this until I built my own NOS DAC but now its very obvious on their 'Ultimate Demonstration Disc' - the announcer's voice for example has smearing, the other tracks lack the dynamics of my best CDs (Decca, Mercury Living Presence, BIS, some DG, old CBS/Sony).

Almost bought a Philip Drake A/D D/A distro amp, tv studio system on ebay which went for just £60..

Had 4 cards of A/D with 2 x UltraAnalog ADC and 4 cards of 1 x UltraAnalog.

Something to check for on ebay, Drake equipment. Didn't know until afterwards that the chips were on it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.